Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
AC Fan noise--help

As I said:

"Perhaps I should start another thread," and so I will:

On our recent trip last week, we noticed a slight 'rattling' noise when our fan was on low speed. We usually run the AC at the high speed to avoid 'freeze up' and to cover up outside noises. But a couple of times in the unusually cool days we had "up north" we ran the fan alone in low speed. That's when we heard the noise. Sounds like a bearing may be going bad or need lubrication. Is there anything I can do about that? I surely would like to avoid expensive repair or replacement. If anyone has experience or knowledge along these lines, I hope you will respond to this topic.

Thanks.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:58 AM   #2
wschexnaydre

M.O.C. #2860
I too have an air conditioner that vibrates and when it sits up between trips I have to go on top pull the shroud and turn the fan that will not start when it's turned on. I sprayed the shaft with WD-40 but I shouldn't have to do this. It's still under warrenty and if this problem continues it will be in the shop to replace this motor.
wschexnaydre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
Padre we live in the same neck of the woods. I had a simular problem and turned out to be those busy little Dirt Daubers. They built a nest in the squirrel cage fan, vibrated pretty bad.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Montana_2130
Established Member

M.O.C. #2130
Just fixed a similar problem. Turned out that the "squirrel cage" became loose (an allen screw) and was rubbing on the tin housing. Very tight area in the a/c, but a easy fix.
Montana_2130 is offline   Reply With Quote