Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
Montana_3223

M.O.C. #3223
Slide-Out gaps

We have a 1999 Model 2850 & a problem with Dining Room / Living Room Slide-out. It is fine when it's slid out to live in, but when stored & it's pulled in tight - there are big gaps at each bottom corner. We have even had mice get in there very easy. Can visibly see daylight there, but rubber seals look ok, although corner configeration is weird. Anyone have suggestions or a problem like our's??? Thanks.

Montana_3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, shoshana56. I am not sure if this will help the gap situation but it just might -- your 1999 model has the 8-inch frame that had some problems. The frames were upgraded to 10-inch in about 2001, I think it was. Keystone is still fixing the frames from your year last I heard. From other members in this forum who have had this done, the fix makes them even stronger than the newer ones. They were doing these free of charge despite being out of warranty. I'm not positive that's still the case but you might call Keystone (don't email) and discuss this. They'll need the VIN to tell if this fix has already been done. I have to wonder if the gap you suggest might be related to a frame problem.

Good luck and let us know. Maybe someone else can help with this gap problem.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:43 AM   #3
Montana_3223

M.O.C. #3223
SREIGLE: Thanks for your posting, but my husband doesn't think it's related to a frame issue. We may have to check into that though. Appreciate the input!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
The slides have adjustments to them, they may just need to be adjusted to pull up tight from bottom more. may want to look under your slide you should see the adjustment rods to each, i would try tighten them in a little this will pull up from the bottom more, thus pulling bottom in tighter. Not sure will help but worth try.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
Montana_3223

M.O.C. #3223
Oh yes, we have adjusted them but didn't help. Thanks for the idea anyway.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:11 PM   #6
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Does the rubber seal look ok from outside & inside. Ours was off on the front part of slide at bottom crutching just enough that you could see daylight at bottom from inside. Also one rivet that held the rubber was missing. Worth a check when slide is out. Our slide also looks weird pulled in tight - top is tighter than bottom. I will relook at ours tomorrow and post anything else we can think of. Have you lubed the rubber?

Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote