Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2016, 07:46 PM   #1
Ddsjr

M.O.C. #18192
Accu slide problem

Sorry for the long post. But I'm at my wits end after searching the web for the last 3 days and only finding a user manual that is pretty confusing and doesn't completely address the problem. I have a 2016 keystone, Montana, high country, HM352RL with three Accu Slide, cable driven slide outs. After getting some warranty work done, I noticed that the large kitchen slider began squealing at the end of its travel while bringing it in. It got progressively worse to the point where the motor was cutting off before it was fully retracted. All this time, it extended just fine. Because I don't trust my dealer and it will be a cold day in hell before they get their hands on my trailer again, I researched the way this slider operates and began troubleshooting.

While checking the slack on the "out" cables with the slider retracted, the right side cables were much tighter than the left side and didn't have the 1" recommended slack. I followed the adjusting instructions and after taking out some strain on the tight cables, the slider seals when extended and retracted. It appears to move evenly (side to side, top to bottom) and the slack on all the cables appear to be uniform and within the recommended parameters. Not exact, but close. However, when moving (in or out) the slider jerks, "stutters", and skips. As I mentioned, this is the kitchen slider with a full size fridge. It doesn't have rollers, it slides on a plastic "rub strip" type thing. Has anyone had this issue before? Or know if the jerking and stuttering is caused by either an alignment issue or lack of lubrication on the rub strip? I read somewhere that the rub strip should be lubricated with ZEP 45. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..........

Ddsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Before we owned our Monty we had another 5th wheel that had 3 slides that were all cables. I feel your pain in trying to figure out how to adjust the bloody things. Having said that, phone Accu Slide and ask to talk to their man that deals with adjusting their slides. I don't remember his name any more, but he is a great guy to work with. He will even stay on the phone while your trying to figure things out.
Hope this helps you.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:27 AM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Put some dry lube on the bottom of the slide. You can get spray on or a stick of candle wax.
As for adjusting them. Run the slide in or out enough to get to the cables figure out which cable moves the slide which way. Then adjust and readjust until you get it the way you wont it. Lube the bottom first.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
the dry lube then get back to the dealer, it should still be under warranty.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote