Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2004, 03:18 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Up Date on Miss Montana's leaks!

After nearly three years of dealing with leaks it looks like this little story has come to an end. The fact that Miss Montana went through Charley without leaks makes me think this is so,

The day before Charley arrived, before we even knew he was going to, the RV Tech from Camping Connection came out to give it another try. Finally realizing that the bedroom slide leaked with the slide in and finding water dripping out of the King Pin he decided to go have another look on the roof. I had also started leaking in the living rear by the recliner next to the window. On the roof he found two very small gaps or holes where the rubber meets the top sides. One toward the front and one toward the back on the curb side. He filled them with silicone and I have not leaked since.

So for all of you who have slide leaks you might want to bring in your slide during a rainstorm and see if it is still leaking. Also go out and check for water coming out of the king pin during a good rain. As most of you know I have had two units with the same bedroom slide leak that Keystone, dealerships, RV techs could not trouble shoot. Up until I brought the slides in during rain all the focus was on the slides seals, tilt, et. I even had slide toppers installed and it still leaked.

It will still be a long time before I do not get on the floor and feel around the perimeters of the carpet during or after rain, but for nearly two weeks during some very heavy rains I have not had any water coming in. (that I can feel or see)

Just passing on this info with the hope that it may help some of you trouble shoot a leak if you get one or have one and maybe save yourself three years of grief. I will say the Tech was very impressed with the over all construction of the roof and it's components, as well as the seams and finish work outside the unit.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 04:35 AM   #2
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Well that is very good news, I hope the silicone did the trick!!!! YIPPEE! It's a happy, happy day for you. LOL
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:14 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
fla native, Ditto on what Melissa says this is truly great news.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:31 AM   #4
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
HOORAY!!!!!!! What a relief that must be. I sure am glad to hear that your leaks are finally fixed.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:13 AM   #5
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Fatastic fla native. With a direct hit by Charlie and no leaks you have been throough the ultimate test.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:02 AM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Great to hear your good news--though we understand that "I'm just gonna check the carpet again" reaction. Had a stick built once with serious water issues--once wet, twice smart, three times checking. Here's hoping your toes stay dry for good!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:09 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Fla Native

We are ALL thrilled to hear that you have no leaks! I mean THRILLED!!

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:47 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yea!!!!
BJ, that's terrific news!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:56 PM   #9
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Good news. Mine is in for the Bedroom slide leak right now so I will see what they think the cure is and mention your problem so they take a close look at mine. Thanks for the post.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote