Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2004, 06:28 AM   #1
Montana_557
Established Member

M.O.C. #557
underbelly is sealed

On my TT the underbelly is sealed. It appears I can not weld a 2' receiver to the bumper and another cross member because there are none visible. Also where is the manual slide crank located?

Montana_557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:54 AM   #2
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Art,

It is my understanding that a receiver is not recommended on these travel trailers. The underbelly is sealed but it is fairly easy to open using a socket and a cordless drill. (I had to open mine after the dump handle fell off the black tank somewhere between the Outer Banks, NC and Pigeon Forge, TN ).

As to the slide crank. The hydraulic pump on my coach is located at the front just behind the A-Frame. The pump motor has a hexagonal fitting to which you can attach your cordless drill and run the slides in and out. (Same trip had a fuse link (located on the A-Frame)go bad and had to put the slides in manually. I now carry an extra fuselink - $3.50 - as insurance.) There is a diagram of the pump in the slide mechanism manual that came with our coach.

Here is a link to my website with a picture of the pump location:
http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...pumplocat.html

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:46 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
CWOBOSN, I believe Keystone says it will void your warranty to put a hitch on the frame but I know others have done it. I don't know how it is on a Mountaineer but Rob Cooley dropped the aft part of the bellypan and welded in a hitch on his Montana. He has pictures on his website. I don't know the url right off hand but if you'll go to the Members list, find Rob Cooley, click on his name to get to his profile I believe you'll find his homepage url there. If not, post back and one of us will locate it for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:40 AM   #4
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657

Trim the belly liner back with tin snips. I bolted onto my frame. I didn't feet right welding that close to the fiberglass and insullation.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote