Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
flyerone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5263
Hwy 101

We are going to be heading up to Oregon from Southern California, we are thinking of taking the 101 up to at least Paso Robles. What is the best route to cut back over to hwy 5 to continue north? We are going to cut back over to the 101 at Clearlake. Anybody been to a good rv park in that area?

flyerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Catch Hwy. 152 up by Gilroy to Santa Nella Hwy 5.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
If you're planning on taking 101 to 5 via 20 through Clearlake, I would suggest Blue Lakes Campground. I have actually never stayed there with our RV (we have a mobile @ Clear Lake), but I know folks that have used this campground. http://www.bluelakepineacres.com/. Blue Lakes before Clearlake about 30 minutes from Ukiah. It is directly on Hwy 20. It's a small park, not many spaces so I'd call in advance. Check to make sure they can accomodate your rig.

Another option is Cloverdale KOA. It's off the road a bit, great views, expensive. http://www.winecountrykoa.com/ We have stayed there with the kids and all the amenities. Nice place...somewhat of a difficult climb into the park.

If you are a member of 1000 trails, they also have a park in Cloverdale, north of town, just off 101.

BTW, this is the route we take when going north on 5 (Seven Feathers). It is a good road, no problems towing the Monte.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote