Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
What's that dang thing set at?

I have had trouble seeing my thermostat setting, we are working up set-back times and temperatures for different parts of the day.
I replaced my old set-back thermostat with an easy to read Blue screen touch pad unit from White Rodgers. I bought a Honeywell first, but the readout panel was only lit when you adjusted it.
The White Rogers is lit all the time. You have to have a common feed at the thermostat location to use it. It would work well in a Montana or Mountaineer.The photo flash wahsed-out the pretty Blue color, but you can see it on the box in the picture.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Large print eh? I might could see that one without glasses. Hate to get up at night and stumble around trying to find the bifocals to adjust the temp.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:51 AM   #3
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Looks to me like someone needs a universal, programmable remote control for all of his toys....
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:19 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Will, this solved the problem.
Mike, now that we have the new Sony and cable, the selection has shrunk a little. Heck, I can't figure out all the features on any of the remotes.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
We have the Lennox that looks just like your dark green screen Honeywell. (your bottom picture on right) I noticed my son-in-laws was lit all the time. After reading the manual I found how to program it so mine is now lit also. Really like the thermostat.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #6
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
Did I count 7 remotes? How do you know which one works what?

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Grampachet, they are so nice. The White Rodgers, bottom right is actually a bright Blue, just like the box on top of it, the camera flash washed the color out of it, it is a touch screen, probably like the Lennox you have. Lennox doesn't make them, they put their name on a Honeywell, or White Rodgers.
Old Fogies, I modified that little table, I made the drink holder and mounted it low, so my wife's glass of water doesn't get knocked over onto the remotes. I made the front section with smoked Plexiglas, lined it with rubber for the remotes. In the back I made a tray to hold salt, napkins, hand lotion, aspirin and whatever. The remotes are thinned out now as we have our new Sony, and it's hi-tech remote. I will program it, to do away with most of them. I have a small Tv off to the right, a DVD player, VCR, Surround sound, one is the old DTV Sat. remote, and one I don't know what it goes to...
Old 12-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
You're missing one remote. Wheres the remote for the new thermostat?
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote