Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Time to start modifications

OK, We've had our 3475RL home for three days and now its time to start to tailor the vehicle for our needs. I'm wishing to start in the basement with some hangars for the water and garden hose thinking that attaching them to the bulkhead dividing the basement and LP gas compartment. Before I drill I'd really like to know whats in between the two compartments - wiring, plumbing, etc. Any comments?

BTW, I don't recall stocking our old pull behind trailer was so tough - must be because it took years to tailor that one - but when we emptied the old one for the new owner my garage was packed!!! My, how much stuff we carry thats not needed adding to the weight factor. I had diapers in one of the storage bins and my youngest grandchild is now in 1st grade and about a half dozen power strips and three sewer hoses!

Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Have fun, Steve and Brenda. One of the best parts of getting a new rig is modifying it to fit your personal needs. Enjoy!

One of the best things we did was add 6" PVC tubes under the belly behind the front legs. Great for storing sewer hoses and fishing poles, etc.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Had a chuckle at your post. When we traded the 3295RK for our 3475RL I could not believe we had accumulated that much "stuff" in only a little over two years. Took us all day just to move it all from one unit to the other. After having the 3475 for almost a year, think we have found a place for everything. Told Tom we were never going to trade again (LOL) because it is too much work to "move". Enjoy your new wheel estate.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Steve and Brenda,

Too Fun! I just drilled through the bulkhead for a battery switch near the landing gear switch - just wood. At least for mine there was not any concealed spaces for wiring runs, etc. I cant answer for the central space directly between the basement and the front compartment.

I certainly understand the stuff that gets accumulated in your RV. I put one on consignment and it took two truckloads to get all the stuff out. We never take anything out, but continuously end up putting stuff in! Between Camping World and the other stores we're always bringing stuff home for the "RV". In fact I have two bags of stuff laying in the garage waiting for the next trip to the RV, and Dory brought home a blender yesterday she found "on-sale" for the RV. Oh-well Margarita Time
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
Montana Rog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6103
Check your bottom cover. If yours hangs down like mine did, I simply went to Walmart...where else! and bought some paper binders. They are a metal clamp for papers. Anyway, just clip the bottom material to the frame, and it is sealed...makes for a warmer floor and those tanks will not freeze while towing down the road. The price is less than 1.50 a dozen and if they fall off...easy to replace! I had started drilling in more screws, but that was a big job...laying on your back pushing. If your feet are cold in the bedroom, insulate the ceiling in the basement before you get it full of "stuff". I did another post on this. I used 1 inch foil back polyurethane insulation in 4X8 sheets. Fastened with foil tape. lots warmer..well, if you do all that, you will be busy for quite awhile..ha!ha!
Montana Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:30 AM   #6
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

One of the best things we did was add 6" PVC tubes under the belly behind the front legs. Great for storing sewer hoses and fishing poles, etc.
That sounds like an excellent project. Any pictures of the installation?
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote