Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2004, 11:36 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
For the electronic wizzard?

Maybe someone can help out, maybe not, just thought I'd give it a try.

In my previous unit I had a Satellite Receiver, VCR, and Small Sony TV in the bedroom. Everything worked fine. (Satellite, Antenna, Instant record, and timer record)

The Dish Doctor installed a second outlet for the bedroom connection on the outside of my unit right next to the other one to make things simple.

When he left I could watch through the Satellite. Could not instant record or timer record like I have in the past. The VCR was recording but on playback it was fuzzy screen with a "no signal" on the left bottom of the screen. (meaning it was not getting a Sat signal while recording, but it was on the TV screen)

I decided to try and reconnect everything. I connected things connected as so.

Cable from satellite to satellite IN on the sat receiver

Coaxial from antenna to IN Jack on VCR

coaxial cable connect to OUT jack on VCR to the VHF/UHF Jack on TV

Audio/Video cables connect to Audio and Video OUT on the Sat receiver to A/V IN on VCR

Audio/Video cables connected to A/V OUT on VCR to A/V IN on TV

This is exactly the way the manual with my Sony says to connect.

Now not only can I NOT record I can only view TV from the Antenna if the VCR is turned off. No satellite picture at all.

I can get blue screen on Video 1 and Video 2 but no picture.

It's got to be some simple wiring confirguration that I'm not doing right. If I take the VCR out of the mix the Satellite and Antenna both work fine. Which is how I have it right now.

Any suggestions? This is no big crisis or anything, I'm just scratching my head and wondering. And I do miss being able to timer record from the bedroom setup. This kind of thing just bugs me. I know the answer is so close, yet so far.

fla native

2004 2980RL (Miss Montana) towed by 2001 Dodge diesel 3500 (LadyRam)

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote