Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Crooktail
Established Member

M.O.C. #11090
$5.00 Modification

In our 3150, the dining room table has a sliding leaf that does not lock into place when in the stored position. The tech told us when we picked it up to roatate the table 90 degrees so that when the leaf came out it would be stopped by the dining chairs. Not wanting to damage either the leaf or the chairs, I decided to make two straps that would lock the leaf into place while traveling.

I went to Home Depot and bought a $5.00 snap fastener set, took an old nylon strap and cut into two equal lengths of about fourteen inches. I fastened the female portion of the snaps to both ends of each strap and fastened the male portion of the snap to both the bottom of the leaf and the bottom of the table top base. The leaf is now securely in place and no damage will occur.

Crooktail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
Concrete John
Established Member

M.O.C. #10725
Send a message via MSN to Concrete John
Common sence at it's best , great idea , Thank you !!! Perfect
Concrete John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #3
trustymopars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10812
I took a long piece of velcro strap, hooked the eye end around the stop screw on the leaf, and wrapped the other end around the slididng drawer knob at the end of the table. So far so good. I couldn't belive that my Flagstaff had a strap to hold the leaf, but my Montana didn't. I guess that saves them about $.50 per unit!
trustymopars is offline   Reply With Quote