Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2003, 02:23 PM   #1
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Slide-room awnings (covers)??

We have ordered the 3295RK. Received copy of confirmation of order from our dealer today. We did not order the slide-room covers because the unit we looked at on the lot did not have them and the salesman said they were not really necessary. I have searched this forum and read several posts re the covers and after reading have come to the conclusion that we DO need them to save cleaning or sweeping off the top of the slides when we break camp. So now we have an important question.
Should we order the slide covers installed by the factory (we still have time to add them to our order) or is there a better way to go?
I saw mention in one post of the Carefree slide out awnings/covers and our dealer showed us a catalog photo (saying they could install) of covers/awnings...by SlideTopper.

So for all you experienced Montana owners...Help these new first timers with this decision. Any and all input is appreciated. What is the best way to go to cover our triple slides?? Need answers asap if we should add them to our factory order.

Oh guess I should ask, is the proper term "cover" or "awning" for the ones that come out flat to protect the top of the slide-out? Like I said we are new to this...TeeHee
Thanks so much for your help.

Tom & Joyce
Soon to be 3295 Owners
Ford Lariat 350 CC 4 x 4

Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote