Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Blord
Established Member

M.O.C. #7545
Sliding tray

Does anyone have the optional sliding storage tray for the basement? I'm trying to get some information as to the size of the tray, how far it pulls out, weight limits etc. The local dealer has never ordered that option so he wasn't much help.

Is the tray worthwhile or is it just one of those things that sounds good but doesn't work all that well?

Thanks

Blord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have the sliding tray in my coach. It has two large rubber maid totes and a Weber-Q propane grill on it. The tray slides out both sides of the coach and has enough clearance to remove the totes or the grill when fully extended. Would I order it again?...probably not. I would have to see what changes Keystone made to the basement area before I could make my final decision.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Got it in ours but it's not even 5 AM so I ain't gonna measure it. I was also skeptical at first but I would do it again without question.
We love it as we no longer have to unload half our stuff to get to the stuff in the middle. The tray slides out about a third or better of it's overall length. Weight I don't actually but I do know I have mine pretty well loaded.
You do lose a little overall space but not enough to worry about and you can store flat stuff under it.
I'll try to get some photos later.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:47 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
It does take up space, but it is well worth it for us. I have my tool box and tools on the left side and Cheryl has her laundry and household items on the other. Just looked at the sticker two days ago on the slide - weight limit is 400 lbs.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:07 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
After we saw the tray it was a must for us. For people that are vertically challenged it is nice because you bring the stuff to you instead of trying to reach that stuff in the middle. And as Glenn said you can store flat stuff underneath in the couple of inches that the tray sets off the bottom of the basement. We put a long level, broom, the thingy that either does the slides or legs by hand that we've never used, yardstick, extra awning wand, etc. under there. We would definitely order it again.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:30 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Here's some pics...

Right side

Right side extended

Right with Slide extended out of left side

Left Side

Left side extended

I typically have more loaded on it but I did remove some stuff as we are set up until next spring.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The one on my new Big Sky is smaller than the one on the 2003. This one is about 18" wide while the 2003 was 36" wide. The larger one was a little too wide, but I find this one a little too narrow. I would prefer it to be 24". In either case, it is well worth the additional cost in convenience. For fulltiming we find it indispensable.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #8
osofine
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7471
Send a message via AIM to osofine
Do you have to get this from the dealer or can you get it from any truck parts supplier?
osofine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I think you can get it from anyone who sells this kind of equipment. You might look at Kwikee.com. They list many dealers.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #10
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Glen, I noticed the storage tube in your basement storage. Do you keep a ladder in it? Why did you decide to mount it in your basement storage and not under the trailer as others have done? How did you mount it to the basement roof?
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #11
dscott
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6661
Glenn,
That's one great looking basment,sure gave me some idea's on how it should look.I have got a lot of work to do before my Florida trip.
dscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #12
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Glenn, I also liked your basement - although I have seen it before. Cheryl wants to know, "where is all of Lorraine's stuff???" She thinks you may be hogging the basement...

Remember, I'm just the messenger!

Just gives her something else to tease you about at the Tampa RV Show in January. I have to share part of my basement...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:37 AM   #13
nkwist
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #821
We love our tray. On the curb side we put in two sets of golf clubs (making it easier to get them in and out of the basement), and on the street side we have the Honda 2000 generator. When it slides out, we can run the genny without lifting it out of the tray. The genny JUST fits hight-wise, like the door was made for it.
nkwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MAMalody

Glen, I noticed the storage tube in your basement storage. Do you keep a ladder in it? Why did you decide to mount it in your basement storage and not under the trailer as others have done? How did you mount it to the basement roof?
I store my US flag and the flag poles in the tube. Had the room inside and that's how it got there.
It is mounted with 2- 4" C brackets to the aluminum beams.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:06 AM   #15
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Glenn, I also liked your basement - although I have seen it before. Cheryl wants to know, "where is all of Lorraine's stuff???" She thinks you may be hogging the basement...

Remember, I'm just the messenger!

Just gives her something else to tease you about at the Tampa RV Show in January. I have to share part of my basement...
Take this message back to Sheryl.
Tell Sheryl that the outside compartments are my domain and Lorraine gets all the inside cabinets with the exception of the 2 over the desk.

And since when does Sheryl need something else to tease me about?????

Did I spell Sheryl's name wrong?? I see you spelled it with a "C". Sheryl is spelled with an S ain't it?? Wouldn't CH be pronunced like CHIMP or CHUMP or CHILD and SH would be like SHUSH SHERYL or SHUT UP SHERYL???
Old 10-15-2007, 02:18 AM   #16
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Oh Oh... I could get hurt relaying these messages! "Cheryl with a C" sometimes doesn't differentiate between the message and the messenger.

I'm holding you responsible for any bruises I get...

See you at the show. Cheryl is anxious to get there now for some reason...

I'll just wait in the car...
Old 10-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #17
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
We also love our sliding tray. We use it as a permanent home for our webber Q and it's 5 gallon propane tank. It is really cool to just roll out the shelf and start cooking! We have had many admiring comments from fellow campers.
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #18
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Oh Oh... I could get hurt relaying these messages! "Cheryl with a C" sometimes doesn't differentiate between the message and the messenger.

I'm holding you responsible for any bruises I get...

See you at the show. Cheryl is anxious to get there now for some reason...

I'll just wait in the car...
Well you tell Sheryl that I'm Shaking in my bootS. I'm Shivering with anticipation. She don't Scare me. She might Shake you up Dave but She doeSn't botherS me, I She doeS get puShy I'll juSt Shove her aSide.

Sheryl doeS know I'm juSt teaSing right??????.......NOT
Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #19
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
You know she love ya, Glenn.