Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
UPDATE 5-23

Hey all,
I hope everyone is getting excited about the upcoming rally. I know we are, but first we are camping over the holiday weekend at a state park with our FCRV group. I will not have access to the internet again until late Monday. Here is a quick overview of the status.

25 units will be there.

We have gotten a pretty good response for volunteers. I think Rich is still looking for one or two items for the omlet breakfast. Still looking for someone to start the coffee in the rec hall every morning and someone to collect digital images and burn CDs toward the end of the weekend. We will provide cd's, just need someone with the skill and time to do it.

Not feeling real comfortable on the number of door prizes we have. we would like to ensure every unit recieves a door prize. Guess we will have to play it by ear.

Schedule Changes - We will be running a showing of the movie "Gettysburg" with Jeff Daniels early in the rally, (probably Thursday night, either inside the rec hall (after the meet and greet or outside one of the units. Long movie but gives good coverage of what happened and the geography involved.

Looks like only 3 people are interested in showing off their rigs for show and tell. We may just provide copies of the modidications folks have done and let folks individually arrange a covienent time to go by and look at the rigs. It is a lot of work to run a scheduled event for just 3 rigs although only having 3 show rigs doen't mean that there are not 12 folks interested in looking at those rigs. Give me some feed back on wether we should have a dedicated show and tell time or not. I look for responses in this thread when I get back in town.

As far as last minute changes or problems as you come in town, my cell phone number is 757-343-8334.
Rick and Jeana can be reached on 717-676-8173.

See you all in 6 days if not sooner.
Bill

Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Do not miss the registration table. We will have as much information there as we can get our hands on. There will be copies of all the dinners posted on this forum, Yard sale sign up,show and tell sign up, etc, tour sign ups, what the rally still needs and a opportunity to add to the food list. Looks like a great rally..why we are even washing the Montana...(not the roof tho)
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:57 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Lisa
Looks like only 3 people are interested in showing off their rigs for show and tell. We may just provide copies of the modidications folks have done and let folks individually arrange a covienent time to go by and look at the rigs. It is a lot of work to run a scheduled event for just 3 rigs although only having 3 show rigs doen't mean that there are not 12 folks interested in looking at those rigs. Give me some feed back on wether we should have a dedicated show and tell time or not. I look for responses in this thread when I get back in town.

As far as last minute changes or problems as you come in town, my cell phone number is 757-343-8334.

See you all in 6 days if not sooner.
Bill
Bill,
As Rich is having folks sign up for the Show and Tell upon arrival I would like to suggest we schedule it as a dedicated show for now. As most all of us will be at the Meet and Greet and we find the count to still be just 3 than maybe it could be changed and announced than.

See ya on Thursday
Glenn

BTW-I have made some mods that are minor in nature but useful that I would be glad to show.
Use of peg board in the basement.
Bicycle rack on rear of Monty and only drilled 2- 3/8" holes in frame.
Wire shelving in basement
Auxiliary 27 gallon fuel tank in TV tool box
There are some others.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:30 AM   #4
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
I agree w/Glenn. I would offer to show anyone interested about auto-reset breaker replacement for "sticky slides" and shackle inspection/replacement. Will "sign up" w/Rich and Helen at registration. Looking forward to Thursday!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Capn Chris... I would love to see what you have done. Is your shackle replacement an upgrade like the ones on the 08's or the standard shackle? If they cancel the show n tell we will be looking you up.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Rich & Helen
Since we are arriving Friday evening and will miss the Meet and Greet and sign in table. What should be do about signing in? As far as the food list we have posted what we are bringing so we are good to go on the dinners. We are signed up to help with the breakfast and am willing to help where needed. (Sorry have no idea how to burn a cd) We are going to try to be at the campground in time for the Chicken Barb. so should we check in with someone when we get there? Counting down the days.....Are they still having the yard sale if they do not have the show n tell.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
I wasn't planning on anything for show and tell as I have shown all before. Then I realized I did some mods last year that folks may be interested in - specifically, I upgraded my shackles and center point hangers with the Dexter heavy duty wet bolt and heavy duty center point suspension. Anyone wanting to crawl under the rig and look is more than welcome.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:11 AM   #8
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Steve,
Had same done in March w/E-Z Flex equalizer, shackles, and wet bolts. Gives folks at least two rigs to crawl under?!!
Cindy - Come by anytime to see them. No appointment necessary!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
For those that come in late and miss the registration table we are on site #65.Drop by and we will see that you get what you need. Yes there will be a yard sale..Sign up at the registration table.. We will try to find a place to post events and sign up sheets after the meet and greet.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by capn chris

I agree w/Glenn. I would offer to show anyone interested about auto-reset breaker replacement for "sticky slides" and shackle inspection/replacement. Will "sign up" w/Rich and Helen at registration. Looking forward to Thursday!!!
I agree to a point but unless we put out a sheet with your name on it that say you have modified your unit with auto-reset breakers replacements/shackle replacement etc, how is anyone supposed to know you have done it? They can't ask you if they don't know you have done it......

Also, not finding out until registration/checkin makes it a little tougher to print up sheets ahead of time. I will be bringing a computer and printer buy would like to do as much as possible before I leave home.....
Old 05-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steves

I wasn't planning on anything for show and tell as I have shown all before. Then I realized I did some mods last year that folks may be interested in - specifically, I upgraded my shackles and center point hangers with the Dexter heavy duty wet bolt and heavy duty center point suspension. Anyone wanting to crawl under the rig and look is more than welcome.
Steve,
There are a good number of folks attending their very first rally who have not seen the mods you made to your fine rig. Anything you want to list for the ladies to look at why their men folk are crawling around under your rig?
Old 05-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Bad post, meant to edit instead of quote and could not delete post so I edited it to this.....
Old 05-26-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Bill and Lisa,

Are you sure you can't delete your post? I see the "trash can" icon at the end of the list of icons. As the poster of the post you should also see it. To delete a post simply click on the trash can icon and a small window will open up and ask you for your password. Enter your password and then hit submit or enter and the post should go away.

RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:13 AM   #14
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RVWheels

Bill and Lisa,

Are you sure you can't delete your post? I see the "trash can" icon at the end of the list of icons. As the poster of the post you should also see it. To delete a post simply click on the trash can icon and a small window will open up and ask you for your password. Enter your password and then hit submit or enter and the post should go away.

RVWheels, MOC Admin.
I keep getting "error on the page" down in the lower left hand column. Probably something on my computer interfering/prohibiting the java script from running.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Rich & Helen
We should not have any trouble finding your site at #65 as we are in #67 coming in on Friday. Thanks, will find you when we arrive. See you soon.