Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Garcia's

Matamoras and Progresso both have a Garcia's Mexican, (of course) restaurant. An upscale place to dine. The food is consistent and very good. South Padre Island now has one as well.
The building is a two story modern structure, lots of large windows, ample parking. Garcia's is right on Padre Blvd. The entire bottom floor is dedicated to retail, beautiful Turquoise and Sliver jewelry in brightly lit spotlessly clean display cases. The clothing line is geared toward the upscale Mexican dress. The men's White shirts and pants, ladies fancy sequined and brocade dresses. The T-shirts are a better quality than you will find along the strip there. I found the prices to be very reasonable.
Up two flights of stairs is where the dining adventure will be. The top of the stairs opens into the very nice dining room, there are some tables for four, and some off the side for two, all with tablecloths and linen napkins. The service was as good as I have ever had, very polite and nice wait staff. The food was maravilloso, if just a little pricey. You can order the daily specials, on the menu board there are photographs of each days specials. Four or Five of them, we have to try! We ordered off the menu, had 2 Cerveza's each and the bill was $32.00 not bad, but here on the island, we can get a similar meal for a little more than half of that amount.
All in all, I would give it my Four stars (out of Four)
Try it when you come to the Island. Investigar!

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Can you say "frog legs"? Man they have some good ones at the Garcia's in Progreso. We saw they were building the Garcia's on SPI when we were down there last spring.

We ate at Arturo's (spelling ?) when we went to Progreso recently. Very good Mexican food plate there. I was told their frog legs are better than Garcia's, but I was in the mood for some authentic Mexican food. Maybe the legs next time.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:03 AM   #3
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Thanks for the report. I wish I could be on our way down, but have to wait until Dec 31.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:23 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Frog legs....hmmmmm, I will have to have a few Cerveza's first, then I will try them. That is in keeping with my Before I die philosophy...
Old Turbo, that gas station right outside of your RV Park, is the only station I found ULSD from the Island out. You were talking about ants in your park, we had them here on our site pretty bad, but I have been treating the little ant holes and ant hills, so we hardly have any now. (The pound of sugar I left on the neighbor's lot helped as well....) Joking..Thought about it..
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote