Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2021, 12:47 PM   #1
JCJ757S
Established Member

M.O.C. #26483
Security Cameras

My husband and I have redone our 2007 Montana and we are living in it full time. We have had some sketchy things go on currently at the RV park we are staying at and we need to have some piece of mind. Has anyone installed or set up security cameras in their RV? If so which kind and do you have it running off of WiFi? Thanks!

JCJ757S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:52 PM   #2
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
We used a Blink camera with our RV as a test in Florida. We had good WiFi. Now those cameras are installed at the house and bought another one for the Montana. (2) cameras and a sync module was $109 on sale. We are planning on mounting the base with adhesive under our porch light. The camera snaps into the mount. Eventually we will add an inside camera as well. Motion sensor, infrared, two way voice, works with iOS and Android. Our Echo will notify us when there is motion at night. There is a lot of applicable technology. Choose what works for you and fits your budget.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:39 AM   #3
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
We are using the AMAZON Blink system at the house and for the most part are satisfied. The range from those cameras to the sych module and wifi is a bit too limited for a couple of the four cameras but usually works. This is due to where those devices are placed and can't be easily moved. If I had any real complaint, it's that the system wont work with the desk or laptop computers, needing an android device like a smart phone or even a Kindle reader which is our normal device of choice with the much larger screen. We also have a Browning low end trail camera. While ours wont transmit to a device, it does take very much better photos (including that 10-12 point buck that wanders through our yard om occasion).

https://blinkforhome.com/
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:46 AM   #4
Chasnracin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12394
If you want something less expensive, check out the Wyze cam ($35). You can purchase it as a single cam and they work great. WiFi based cameras that you can set the zone you want to watch. It will give you notifications on your phone when motion is detected. They have a Wyze Cam Plus package that runs about $1.50 a month with more features and longer storage recording time. I am extremely happy with mine. I have had the version 2 running in our S&B garage year round for over 2 years with no issues.

2013 F350 SRW King Ranch
2011 3400RL
Chasnracin is offline   Reply With Quote