Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2016, 03:05 PM   #21
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I ordered the Barker 42 gal. unit off of Amazon Sunday night and received it today. Unit is built pretty good and solid. Comes with rubber tires and the Free bobber indicator.

Only thing I would change would be the handle ring that mounts to the hitch ball for towing. Wish it locked on there better. Had it come off while towing it first time and had to chase it down a hill. Several of the campers got a real kick out of it!! I would also add a separate vent to the tank.

Overall I am very happy with the unit! Now I don't have to worry about the tanks filling up and having to drag the Montana to the dump station all the time. Wife loves it too, now she can do the laundry more often!!

PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:32 PM   #22
Bill.vannuys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17706
Bama Camper, What size Barker Tote did you get? You said it came with inflatable tires I think; just curious how you like it?

PackerFan or others opinions?

I'm thinking of the 25gal 4 wheel Tote which may or may not come with the inflatable tires. Guess I can upgrade if necessary.

I'm also tired of the weekly "Pack and Move To The Dump Station" drill. Guess I'm getting weak

2014 3735MK Legacy, Sailun 637s, TST 507RV TPMS, 2 Battle Born 100 AMP Lithium Batteries, Slide Toppers
2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ, 6.6L Duramax 4WD, CC, LB, SRW with Allison Transmission
Bill.vannuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:05 AM   #23
pkbridges77
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17920
Bill, I got the 42 gal. Barker and so far it's been great. It's right at the limit of my ability to wrestle it into the truck bed, not because of weight but just awkward to handle with its size. When wife helps it's easy and fits perfect rear of the hitch. Its the right size for us and easy/clean to use.
pkbridges77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:51 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We purchased the 27 gal blue tank years ago when we still camped at Many fairgrounds or group areas in campgrounds that did not have full hook ups. If you boon dock a lot they are a must.Most fairgrounds have upgraded their facilities as have the campgrounds.We have little use for it now but keep it just in case. Most rallies in fairgrounds if they do not have full hooks have dump service at a reasonable rate.It pulls behind the truck and we found no difficultly in using it. IMO..If you boondock a lot the tank is a good investment We have seen folks using two tanks one black, one gray.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #25
huntnfishn5280
Established Member

M.O.C. #18042
Is the bobber level indicator worth buying as an add on or can you somewhat see the level that is in the tank even though it's blue? Also looks like you would have to remove the bobber for rinsing out the tank?
huntnfishn5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:26 PM   #26
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
The level bobber comes with the 42 gal. tank. Yes you do have to remove it to attach the rinse hose or instead just open the top cap where you attach the fill hose from trailer and rinse the tank through there, that's what I do.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:01 AM   #27
huntnfishn5280
Established Member

M.O.C. #18042
My 30 gallon Barker didn't come with the bobber. Just wondered if was worth the buy. Ive got a 38 gallon black tank and a 30 gallon Barker....sounds like a potential problem if I don't know how full. Can you see anything through the blue plastic?
huntnfishn5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:25 AM   #28
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
I have the 35 gallon with a swivel wheel as well. The new model has the tote handle affixed to the wheel. Make sure you buy this model if you go with Thetford. The previous model, like I have, is a bear in rocks or loose ground. The wheel will turn sideways making it almost impossible to move without dragging. The old model had the tote handle connected to the tank itself so the wheel would do what it wanted.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stengels

I have a 35 gallon model Thetford that has the swivel wheels in the front, unlike the current models. I do use the truck to pull it to the dump station due to weight. Not sure, but even 27 gallon would be difficult to lift into the back of the pickup without assistance. I wouldn't be without the front wheels, just too much to lift around. I used to be able to handle this sort of thing but...
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #29
Bill.vannuys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17706
Thanks all for the additional input.

I have decided on the Barker 25 gallon Tote Along, Part #G25895, 25 Gal. 11.5” H, 24” W, 37” L.

I called the company in Michigan and verified that ALL of the Tote-Alongs come with Pneumatic tires now - hard plastic is gone. She said some of the old pictures are still out there with plastic wheels but they are no longer made. The company service representative said they also provide a "Full Tank" indicator with the 25 gallon model. She quoted me $199 (I think - I've been outside and its HOT).

Thanks again for the input. Going to the Kentucky Horse Park and no sewer hook-up...and I don't feel like taking the Montana for a ride just to dump.

2014 3735MK Legacy, Sailun 637s, TST 507RV TPMS, 2 Battle Born 100 AMP Lithium Batteries, Slide Toppers
2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ, 6.6L Duramax 4WD, CC, LB, SRW with Allison Transmission
Bill.vannuys is offline   Reply With Quote