Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Interesting

With all the posts regarding Montana sightings, in the current 3 pages, there is not one reply that says, "Yes, that was us." Are we all shy, don't remember where we were at, or we're all seeing non-MOC members?

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:32 AM   #2
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
I agree with Virgil and Karen. Just one time, I would like to post a sighting and get a reply. Bruce wonders if all the MOC members are too busy talk on the MOC to realize when they meet another MOC. I am anxious to meet a member on the road or in a campground. Marilyn
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I quit posting sightings as I never got an anwser. I think we are seeing non-members. If Monty's were purchased prior to Keystone mentioning the MOC on their web site and brochures, these people have never heard of the MOC. Also there are still a lot of people out there who do not have computers. What - how do they live? We spotted at least a half dozen on our recent trek.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #4
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
My guess is that there are a whole lot more Montana owners out there that aren't on the MOC than are. I didn't check the statistics before answering here, so I don't know how many MOC members there are, but as Steve Reigle so often says, Montanas have been the sales leader for 4-5 years so there's a lot of rigs out there. We routinely ask every Montana owner we run in to if they know about the MOC website, so far none have. So we tell them what a great resource and group of people it is.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
I think that we should all be more vigilant [hey I can't spell] and get more sightings in here.
Just another thought.
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #6
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We're going to the Good Sam rally next week. I have made a copy of the MOC business card that Glenn posted on here, printed it out at 3.25" x 5", put it in a plastic credentials holder and will wear it around my neck. Hopefully some MOC members will spot it and get acquainted, and if non-members can read it, maybe they will ask and I will "fill them in".
Old 07-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #7
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Sunshine I have sent a email to Glen hoping to get a copy of the Bisness card. I even promised to stop telling stories about him [Ya like that is going to happen] But if you can help me I will make you the same deal.
Mel
Old 07-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Just a numbers game???

Last approximate number of Montanas sold, I heard was 25000 to 30000. The last time I looked at number of members at MOC, it was 2700. (don't check that number that much these days, as we are running around the country, and sometimes cannot even get to MOC to read the posts)

So, just on a very rough numbers game, about 10% of Montana owners are MOC members?? did I do that right???????????????? HAHA

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #9
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
I think we need "bumper" or window stickers for the back windows that say.......
www.montanaowners.com
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 02:40 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by virgil47

I think we need "bumper" or window stickers for the back windows that say.......www.montanaowners.com
Virgil there is a bumper sticker available..

I have one on the rear bumper of the TV and one on the nose and one on the rear of the Monty.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by melnjoy

I think that we should all be more vigilant [hey I can't spell] and get more sightings in here.
Just another thought.
Mel, Emailed the cards last evening but here they are for anyone else..
I actually have 2 different cards.
The first one I use if I can't find the owner of the trailer.

The next I hand out as I introduce myself

If any of you would like me to snail mail you the actual cards email or PM me your street address.

To expand on what Carol mentioned...
Of the 2700 MOC members I would guess that less than 1/2 of them ever return to read the threads and maybe a couple hundred ever bother to post or reply. The MOC has many many readers/lurkers out there in cyberspace that are like to read but for their own reasons won't post.
In passing out the cards I have met a huge number of folks that know about the sight but have never posted for a number of reasons. One of which is they don't have a 'puter or the Forumco registration process is difficult at best, especially since most of these folks are pretty much computer illiterate.
Just this past week I met 2 couples with Montys. The first even had a 'puter on board and had internet capabilities but I have yet to see their first post. The second indicated they would post something as soon as they got home. Well, they have been home since Friday and yet they have not posted. Maybe they just forgot or haven't had the time. Friday a Mountaineer pulled in and as is my routine I made a point of meeting them. Gave them the card and the wife said she would be on as soon as they get home. They leave here today so we will see what happens.
Passing out the cards and the bumper sticker WILL NOT guarantee they will come. Of all the cards I have passed out, both in person and by just hanging one on their Monty's door, very very few have ever posted. Maybe they have infact become members but so far as I know they have not posted.

I will NOT stop posting my sightings nor will I stop passing out the cards as sooner or later someone will respond back.

OK, I have rambled long enuff...........
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 02:55 AM   #11
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Thanks Glen I got the cards.
I also have found that alot of people do not have computers and some are scared of them.
Mel
Old 07-10-2005, 05:43 AM   #12
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
I won't quit posting sightings either, and I hope I do get some curious people at the rally so I can spread the word. I also need to get a bumper sticker. Had relatives visit recently who had just gotten a Montana - had been trying to get them to register on MOC, but no luck. So, while they were here I sat down at the computer and got them registered. Remains to be seen if they will be regular readers and post. For myself, I can't thank the forum members enough for sharing their experiences and ideas - we've learned a lot and used some of the ideas to make improvements in our unit.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
By the way--If ya want an MOC bumper sticker click on the following link......
Bumper Stickers...Get your Bumper Stickers
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #14
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Glenn,

Thanks for the info. I knew it was a good idea! Where can one buy the bumper stickers?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:29 AM   #15
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Sorry, nevermind, I used the search, found the thread and ordered some.
I'm getting better at using this sight.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:03 AM   #16
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Could it be that because they are traveling they have not been on the computer? Just a thought. But we to haven't got an answer to our sightings. We have seen alot of Big Sky's here in Colorado Springs. Also a few Montanas. But they were all going the other way. And going fast. Did wave though. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:34 PM   #17
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I think alot are not aware of this forum. I put our bumper sticker on the front on the Monty (thinking people could not miss it) We have seen a few Monty's but had no replies either. Although last week we went to a campground to visit my Aunt & Uncle and a guy on his golf cart passing by said."That Montana sure is a nice setup!" My Uncle yelled back. "And it isn't staying either!" LOL We usually dont run into other Montana's in to many campgrounds.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:49 PM   #18
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Actually, there was one reported sighting that was replied to with a 'that was us'. It **was** us. I think it was Montana Sky that saw us last year near Spokane. He even blinked his lights but I didn't notice that. He was solo at the time so I guess I was looking the wrong way.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:14 AM   #19
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Of the 2800 members, less than half have posted even one message and probably about 100 are actively participating in the forum so the ratio of people who might see and respond to a 'Was that you' message is probably closer to 100 in 22000 or 1 in 220. We have a ways to go yet before most Montana owners become active MOC members. I still think someone should pick up the ball and merchandise ball caps, sweat, golf and tee shirts and maybe fleece jackets with a Montana logo on it. Even if as Mike Mack said at the northeast rally that Montana isn't into it, some one should do it. It would increase our visibility at non rally places like Walmart or Cracker Barrel

Should that be me when I retire?????
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:49 PM   #20
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
Don't be in a hurry to get bumper stickers. I have emailed to order them 3 times now stating a year and 3 mos ago. I have supplied the required information in all cases. I have received no stickers, no correspondance and basically have said the heck with it.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote