Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2019, 07:02 AM   #1
rollingdownthehighway
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20273
CT to DE route recommendations

We're heading to Massey's Landing next month down in DE. Now, I've made this trip 100's of times with our TT and not towing (from DE) and went down the NJ Parkway and Turnpike. however, this is our first trip there with our Monty. Looking for the best route to take. I was thinking of going from CT to Scranton, PA, then down 476. Is there an easier route? I don't want to take the GW Bridge or Turnpike and pay a small fortune in tolls.

Has anyone rolled to DE or that area from CT or the New England region, if so, what route did you go?

rollingdownthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:43 PM   #2
TennTom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22087
Not an easy area as you well know. I always avoid 95 and the GW but when with a trailer routes can be a bit difficult. The only time I have traveled with a trailer in that area I went from TN up 81 to 80 over to Hartford and then 6 to R.I. Not sure what area you are from and not sure about 476 but the route down 80 is good (I found traveling by Waterbury got better through the years). Traffic would be better than 95, that's for sure. I would say you have some experience already taking one route, try another. If it's worse then you just don't take that route again and you can pass on that knowledge to others.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #3
rollingdownthehighway
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20273
I need to avoid the GS Parkway, I never take the GW even in just my truck/car. I may go down 84 to 87 to 287 to the NJ Turnpike. I don't want to get too far into PA and then down if I can avoid it
rollingdownthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote