Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
Montana_3869

M.O.C. #3869
Thermo Windows 3400RL

I recently ordered a new 2006 3400RL Montana and had thermo windows installed. When I got the unit, the windows were all sealed tightly shut and even the repairman couldn't open them. Then, after closer inspection, I found out that the windows were not deep tinted as listed in the customer convience Montana group. Now, Keystone is telling me that they don't offer deep tint on thermo windows, only tinted safety glass. I think that the brochure should clearly indicate that if you want thermo windows, you won't get deep tint with them. Furthermore, Keystone says that the deep tint is not available in the thermo windows. I know for a fact that Holiday Rambler Presidential, Mobil Suites, and even Everest (made by Keystone) offer and istall deep tint windows in their units. Don't take my word for it. Read the brochure yourself and make your own decision. Oh, I almost forgot. The fire safety windows in the bedroom and the living room don't have screens. Therefore, if you want to open them for fresh air, you have to put up with the bugs as partners! Is there something wrong with this picture or what? This is my third Montana and personally, I am concerned on the way the new engineering is going. My other 2 units were really great! I hope things look better in the future. Let me know what you think.

Montana_3869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
When you get the thermo windows you don't get screens on the bedroom and the entertainment emergency windows. I am not sure why but I thought that I had ordered the thermo windows. But on examination I saw that I had screens on those 2 windows and the windows opened. When I asked here on the MOC why they told me that with the thermo you don't get the screens. So I got the screens, but didn't get the thermo's......But I did get the tint.....Go figure. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I dont have thermo windows, but do have the "deep tint" and I also have screens on all the windows. I walked the dealership yesterday and took a look at the 06 models and I would have to agree with some of the things they are doing. Makes me go "why did they do that?" Was able to see the Cambridge again, and I must say I am thinking hard about it. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:55 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
ours is a different layout, with the front livingroom, but the emergency windows don't have the screens...the small side windows do in the slide out...so we can still get a breeze though them.we haven't hade any problem with the double pane windows except one small one in the dinette that is always fogged up. I haven't asked about that yet.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote