Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Shelving

We're loading our 3400RL for our maiden voyage and are already looking for ways to improve storage. I want to add shelves in the pantry and w/d closet. What has anyone else done? Do you have pictures?

Thanks

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:54 AM   #2
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I added some to the washer dryer closet. Used the adjustable wire racks available from Home Depot or Lowes. Mounted the rails in the back of closet, had to cut shelves to size. Dont have any pictures.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Click here to see my modification. I pulled out the two 12 inch shelves and put in three 20 or 21" and a hanger rod. I did put the shelves in upside down so the lip is on top. It does have its disadvantage but things do not slide of as easy.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Thanks a lot. The closet set up is exactly what I'm looking for. Now, how about the pantry shelves? Anyone???? LOL
Old 03-19-2008, 06:07 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dick,
We added shelves to our middle cupboard in the pantry. And also the little cabinet at the end of the island. In the W/D closet, ours came with 2 wire shelves and a hanger rod. I attached wire baskets to these two shelves so things don't fall off when traveling. I found one large wire basket at Lowes that just fit the shelf. It is about 6 inches deep so holds all the laundry supplies, iron, etc.
Here are pictures of shelves we added. We angled them a little so stuff would not slide forward.
Pantry Shelves
Little Cupboard
Happy trails................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Hey John, I pulled out my wire shelves and turned them upside down so the front faces up to help keep items from falling forward. Did you have to snip the wire so it would fit in the front brackets? When we get back from our trip I will copy your modification but may leave out the hanger rod.

Were your rear shelf brackets screwed into anything but the paneling? My lower shelf rear brackets seemed to have been screwed into a stud but the upper ones "missed it by that much"