Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #1
Redskals
Established Member

M.O.C. #18866
Truck starting by itself

Got to our new site yesterday. Whilst setting up, keys inside truck, engine off, the truck locked and remote started by itself. Turned back off. Locked twice more. Then the alarm started blaring. Alarm turned off and truck locked a few more times over the next few minutes. I thought it was a prank because you should have seen us running toward the door everytime we heard the lock hoping it was unlocking so we could get the keys out.

Locksmith came and got us back inside the truck.
We finished unloading and setting up our site and the alarm went off again by itself. I thought it was because we were throwing heavy paving stones into the bed. But, it happened again during the night and this morning remote started by itself once again.

Is someone trying to steal this thing or do I have some other problem?

2014 Chevy 3500HD
Redskals is offline   Reply With Quote