Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
How do you cancel your MOC membership

We went to a Class A last year and no longer visit the MOC website - this is the first time in 4 months.

How do I cancel my MOC Membership and remove my logon, etc.

JimF
MOC-6260

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
JimF,
Congratulations on other rig. We hope it works out for you. Your account will be locked at your request. RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Now there is a man after my own heart.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We met Jim and Joan about 2007 while we were at Holiday World of Houston, South. I was at the parts counter when this couple came walking up. Now don't ask me why, because i haven't the slightest idea of why I said this, but I looked at him and said, "Are you JimF?" The look was priceless to say the least, like "Who is this dumb #$(*&Q?." We became good friends. Each year as Winter Texans we would have them over several times, and get together in their Monty. When we visited Mass and they were staying at Hanscom, we would go and park there for a few days and visit, and when they bought their house, we visited them their.

If ya'll remember some of Jim's posts and pictures, he is quite the handyman with wood. He made many modifications to the Monty, and now he is doing the House, and he has ideas about the SOB, if he has not already done them. I'm sorry to see him leave the forum as many ideas, repairs, etc., are not brand specific and can give others an opportunity to learn. Jim is a good teacher. I wish he had stayed as an SOB. (well, he is and I tell him that all the time. Hee hee!)

We keep in contact by phone and email so if you need a piece of information or just want to know how they are doing, give a holler and I'll ask him. He may tell me where to go, which he does all the time, but I'll wiggle it out of him some how.

Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Which man you talking about Stiles? The one with the Class A or the one who can lock people out?

Nice story, Waynem. Too bad JimF has decided to move along.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
When the day comes for me to no longer be a Montana owner, I will also leave the forum and move on. No one was locked out except by their request. Therefore, JimF is a man after my own heart. I know Jim enjoyed the forum and so have I, but as he implied, if I don't own a Montana or am thinking about one, the forum would no longer be relevant to the currant affairs of my life.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
And I feel that there are commonalities between brands, and having been a Montana owner previously I opted to stay here. Some of the members of this forum have become good friends, and yes, I have their email address, but this is another way of keeping in touch. And since there is that commonality, many times information can be shared between the appliances that we all have.

Saying that, it is a personal choice that one has to make for whatever reason they may have. There is no wrong or incorrect way to stay, or to go.

Happy trails to everyone.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Well said Wayne.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Agree, there is a lot of universal information here that is by no means specific to one brand. I hope anyone would feel welcome to stay on and contribute even if they don't happen to currently own a Montana...
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

And I feel that there are commonalities between brands, and having been a Montana owner previously I opted to stay here. Some of the members of this forum have become good friends, and yes, I have their email address, but this is another way of keeping in touch. And since there is that commonality, many times information can be shared between the appliances that we all have.

Saying that, it is a personal choice that one has to make for whatever reason they may have. There is no wrong or incorrect way to stay, or to go.

Happy trails to everyone.
Glad you made that decision.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I hate goodbyes. I am in hopes that people that I have had the great fortune to meet in my travels in my Montana keep posting on the thread. There is so much information that can be shared by people that have chosen to go to a SOB after owning a beast(3400RL) or similar rigs. Campgrounds and tons of other information can be so helpful to others that need it.

I hope you stay Jim and Joan. It was are blessing that we got to meet you in Dickinson. Sure wish you hooked up my TV in the bedroom when you offered to help. Still waiting on Bob to do it. Me thinks hell might feeze over before that happens.

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Our most recent trip was to Gulf Shores State Park in Alabama with a major purpose being to visit our Montana Forum friends John and Donna Cocking, and Carol and Al Stephens. The Cockings are, as we, no longer Montana owners, but the forum continues to be a line of communication for us. These two couples, and also Helen and Bill Moll, have been our back yard guests.

We stay on the MOC for entirely positive reasons and appreciate being allowed as "affiliate members."
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:00 PM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I realize this is an old thread but I'm going to revisit it.

I don't get to check in here very often but when I do I enjoy reading the posts.

Since this thread was started by JimF it is with saddened heart that I report that he passed away some time ago. He was preceded by Joan a year or so previous. Jim was visiting his daughter in Victoria Texas at is passing. He did have COVID-19.

We enjoyed the visits we had with them and the continuing communications via email.

Both of us moved on to motor homes, but as stated before, we all have commonalities of products that we can share and learn from each other.

Please be safe out there. We have received our first COVID-19 vaccinations and the 1st of Feb will be the second. We still live in Texas City, so give a holler if you are in this area.

I still pass out MOC business cards that I have made when I see a Montana and ask if they know about the Montana Owners Club forum.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:04 PM   #14
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Why close it? Just stop logging in. Even though you have a different camper now, there's still much to gain and share. And if you don't want to post anything, you don't have to.

I'm still a member of a couple old RV forums, but haven't actively used them in a long time. I still like to go back read what's going on. You can too.

Congrats on your new purchase! And happy camping!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:36 PM   #15
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
My purchase was in 2008 and I'm still a member of MOC. I lost the 2008 to Harvey and now have a 2015. Life goes on.

If you read the OP it was JimF that wanted to cancel and my post is about his passing. I should have started another thread.

Thank you.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:48 PM   #16
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Very sad about Jim and Joan. We are sorry.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:02 PM   #17
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Thank Lynwood. Many on here had met them at rallies or just out camping somewhere.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:33 PM   #18
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynem View Post
Thank Lynwood. Many on here had met them at rallies or just out camping somewhere.

I’ve been thinking a lot lately. When I sorta retired, my brother Walter that I worked with for 20+ years and I had all these plans. Stuff we were going to do sadly we didn’t get to. Not only him but all the guys Walter and I did did things with are all gone. What I’m trying to say enjoy it a little as you go along.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:49 PM   #19
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Absolutely! I"m 79 and I'm going to enjoy as much life as I can in the coming years.

Y'all stay safe out there. Life is short, even at 79.