Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
We got vandalized

Someone broke our screen and window opened the door and ransacked our Montana while in storage Republic Storage in Caldwell, Idaho. They took my spendite w/d and some other personal valuables. Called police and were told there were 11 Rv's vandalized the same time. They used our washer to try to climb over a fence to haul a motorized wheelchair or lift. The washer was demolished the storage guy said. They never called us to let us know.

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
So sorry to hear the news.
Haven't been there. Can't imagine.
Hugs,
Lisa
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
How horrible. So sorry to hear bout it. Storage yard should have called, that would tick me. Good luck with getting repaired and replaced and back on the road.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Sorry to hear that. We know how you feel. We had that happen to us back in March. They took everything including our tooth brushes. Even took the speakers out of the ceiling.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Ronnelly, I am so sorry to hear about your loss of the things in your Montana. I know I would be beside myself and also angry. Please let us know what happens and how your are doing.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
There are no words to express my empathy with your situation. I need some work done on mine, but fear having it at the dealer's unguarded. With dianna needing my attention, I can stay at the dealer's to protect my belongings. We live in a very sick world or in a world with very sick people.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I can only imagine how upset you must be right now. I am sorry to hear about this horrible news and hope your insurance company has you back up and running in no time.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #8
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. A friend of ours was just ripped off in LasVagas last week. There seems to be no end of the low lifes running around loose in our society.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #9
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
We had the batteries disconnected for storing the Montana. If they could have opened the slides who knows what they would have taken. They had trouble getting into the kitchen and living room. I guess they were the nicer thiefs. They did not take our grand daughter new bike. My Bunn coffee pot I had under the sink and the slides kept them for getting that. They ransacked, but seemed to be only interested in certain items. We put plexiglass to close that window. The screen is still ripped. Maybe when we have the good window put in, it might be good to leave the plexiglass too, so can't brake the door window as easily and open the door.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mudchief

Sorry to hear that. We know how you feel. We had that happen to us back in March. They took everything including our tooth brushes. Even took the speakers out of the ceiling.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:40 AM   #10
Wallnut
Established Member

M.O.C. #7561
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine how frustrated you are.
Wallnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:36 AM   #11
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Too bad about the break in, I just went through that with our trailer, the officer said to put an alarm in it, something to make a lot of noise, burglers dont like noise. also I would complain to the management at your storage lot about not notifying you, that is supose to be there job, especally if it is a gated and locked facility.
If interested here is what I installed in my trailer after all that termoil. I feel if I get to use it JUST ONCE, it will have paid for itself as far as the deductable and losses I might have had.

http://desertsecurity.com/products

Old 10-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #12
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
So sorry to hear about your break in. You must feel terrible and violated.
I know I would. If it helps...... people that do this usually get paid back in a very bad way. "What goes around comes around."
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #13
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
LEMME GUESS,the storage place says "they ain't responsible"

on separate note why does your 04 montana look like my 05?? now I wonder if I paid 05 price for an 04?? now I've got to do some checking
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #14
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
sorry to hear of your problem - thieves yuk. hopefully nothing major was broken locks are an easy fix, doors and windows can be a pain.

cmp-shooter - I would believe the storage place has ins but it most likely does not cover renters assets. That's why renters / storage tenants carry renters ins. you are renting space.

sorry just stating what I see as common knowledge,
I never drop my ins its 24/7/365 and I pay for it so when i have to use it there is no question.
Chuck again sorry for your troubles
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #15
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
As I mentioned several years ago, the year we decided to full time, our rig was parked in a "Secure Storage Lot." It got broken into along with about 15 other units. Stole the TV, Stereo, and VCR along with scratching the table as they dragged the TV out. Fortunately for us we got a good estimate and everything was paid for and replaced. So much for these "Secure" places. I'm glad we full time so we don't have to store the rig.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:32 PM   #16
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Ronnelly,

So sorry to hear of your problem. That sort of thing just makes me so angry.

I cannot believe that they had so many at the same place. There must be absolutely no security. It would not surprise me to find out there might be someone on the "inside" helping out. Perhaps a current unhappy or even a dismissed employee. Didn't they even have some security cameras?

Well. Good luck. It certainly could have been worse. And remember it is after all..... Only things and things can be replaced.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I am so sorry to hear about your break in at the facility. The managers should have called you it is not right to treat a tennant that way. Shame on them.
Here is to a speedy repair!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:38 AM   #18
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Ron & Nelly,

We can't even imagine the horror of someone vandalizing our home.

Our hopes are that you get whole again very soon.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #19
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
TT2, I tried to use the link you provided to the alarm but every time I try it closes my Explorer page. Quite disconcerting. Would like information on the alarm though. Thanks
Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 PM   #20
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tiffensdad

TT2, I tried to use the link you provided to the alarm but every time I try it closes my Explorer page. Quite disconcerting. Would like information on the alarm though. Thanks
Sorry I dont know why it would do that so here is there home address then tag rv security systems.
http://desertsecurity.com/home