Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2007, 02:49 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Guthrie Oklahoma, and on South

Great RV park, small, 1/2 mile from the I-35 conduit , $22.50 a night.
We were relaxing last night and someone close by lit a doobie up, man, we got a contact high, after they finished, they turned the music up pretty loud. Probably to mask the sound of them ripping open the bags of M&M's....About 15 minutes later, 'nother doobie..
I guess they ran out, because we didn't smell it anymore.
It was either the $250,000 class A from Colorado next to us, or the new Montana on the other side.
Speaking of the Montana, he installed a rooftop sat dome, then ran the cables down the side of the unit into the slide rubber, both bedroom and entertainment slide. Mudchief, you could have saved a bunch of labor if you did that!
It's 58 degrees out, clear and a little windy.
Fellow travelers, why, oh why, do we always have to drive INTO the wind??? We did yesterday, and it's forecast to be very strong from the South today. The new Ford puller has really stepped up to the task, love it. We got around 13 MPG into the wind at 62 MPH. Hope that get better.
Sue drove for a hundred miles or so, did a great job. Going to get her some parking lot experience next.
See ya down the road....
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
OZZ, you on your way to SPI? Man, I hope the water is as pretty there as here. It is the prettiest I've ever seen it here. We're maybe 5 miles from the ferry to Port Aransas. We go to the island quite frequently, and the beach and water has been beautiful. We enjoy watching all the dolphins while riding the ferry. I took a friend over yesterday (he lives in Port Mansfield, and had never been here), and he fell in love with this area. He is an old charter boat captain, and there's lot's of boat activity here. Have a safe trip down.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, you need that head wind to help seat the rings in that new diesel. Yea that guy didn't spend as much time on the install of the dome like we did. However I am glad my coax is run in conduit.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Will, I shall report to you on the water, I assume you would like a report on the beach bars as well?
I can do that, you know......
Old 10-21-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Will, I shall report to you on the water, I assume you would like a report on the beach bars as well?
I can do that, you know......
Now you know a report wouldn't be complete without the beach bar report. And I'm sure the folks want to see what swim wear is appropriate for the beach this year.

We don't have the beach bars here. They do have a nice little outdoor bar on the harbor over on the island though. We try to hit it every once in a while. Have fun!
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Ozz,
Around Guthrie it could have been any of the people within a 5 mile radius. Lots of Pot heads up there. Sorry you had to endure that on your trip through our great state.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:09 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Phil, it did not diminish the respect I have of Oklahoma, we have them wherever we go.