Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Finally --- after 2 months

The weather broke a bit and was just rainy so we went to the dealers and brought our new unit home. Phew --- just made it another storm coming and with it 12 inches of snow. Will Spring ever get here?

One of the things we are still looking for is the radio. Don't these things come with radios anymore?

Carol

Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Carol the radio is on the dvd player, you have to have your booster on to get a signal...not the best but some will come in.
Congratulations and glad you made it home b/f the storm.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations!! I know you are excited. Have fun discovering the radio and beyond.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Congrats on your new Monty.

Hopefully Spring will be here soon. You guys south of the 49th have had enough snow and us on the West Coast have had enough rain !!
Time to start enjoying the great outdoors.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and we hope you have have many happy days in it. I'm ready for summer also. I have mowed the yard 2 times and now it is snowing.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Congratulations on the new Monty. We are also looking for warmer weather. Rain but no snow. Thank God for that. I don't think I could take it.
vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Carol: Use the function key on the radio to find the am/fm radio.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #8
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We're getting ready to go back out and do some more "settling" of our stuff. First we have to turn on the furnace.
There is nothing on top of the DV player. The DV player is skinny and just has the controls to play CD's or DV's. This is odd. Going to call the dealer to see if maybe someone "borrowed" our radio. Not that I play the radio a lot --- just the point.
After we rearranged some of the cupboards, We, like Glenn and Lorraine, have at least 6 empty cupboards. This model has a lot of deep cupboard space. Bedroom could use a little more, but being just the two of us, we'll manage.
The bottom step is 14 inches off the ground. Is this normal for the 2007's? The rest of the steps are spaced 9 inches apart? I have an arthritic knee and kept telling the "guys" it was higher. Finally they measured and said yep -- higher. Chuck might have to make me a bottom step to put down when we park.
The weather looks ---- not good. We wanted to leave Wednesday for a week. But might have to postpone it. Can't go firt week of May -- Dr and dental appointments. Then we head for the rally. Getting to Pinehill a week before the rally.
Finally, Chuck is really enthusastic about this floorplan. Likes the idea of the plumbing all on one side. Glad he's happy.

Carol
Old 04-14-2007, 04:17 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol, as Bill said, the radio is built into the DVD player. It's not a separate unit. On our DVD player the button is in the bottom row, first button on the left, not counting the on/off button, and is labeled 'FUNCTION'. Push it until the AM and FM setting show up in the LED window.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #10
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We will try that. Still having fun putting things away. Darn weather --- would love to be doing this somewhere besides CNY.

Just love this floor plan. I thought I liked the 3670, but this is great. Two cabinets in the bathroom. Fantastic.

Chuck hasn't even started on rearranging his bays. Going to wait until his tonneau cover is put on. He's getting a fold a cover. That way we can carry the extra chairs etc in the truck bed and they won't get wet.

The dogs love the unit. We've been taking them out getting them use to the steps. The little dog has adopted the couch (with blankets) as his own. Big dog laying in front of the fireplace (not on ).

Can ya tell we're having a blast??????????

Carol

Glenn said this was a terric floorplan. Right again Glenn !!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hey we do love ours immensely. I'm still trying to figue out what happened tp all our stuff. I'm sure I put everything back in the 3485 that was packed in the 2955 and we still have empty cabinets. Oh well, guess we'll just have to go to more yard/garage sales for more stuff.

BTW-they are correct. Use the function key to find the radio. We never use ours so I didn't know until I read this thread.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #12
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Will look for that tomorrow. Right now saying goodbye to our grass. We are expecting 12-18 inches of snow tomorrow afternoon until Monday. Guess we won't be camping in our unit quite yet.
Nothing like Central NY weather.

Carol
Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #13
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We are leaving tomorrow for Hershey to try this unit out. No snow on the ground and going to make a run for it. Then on down to Virginia for a few days to visit our daughter who is having a medical procedure.

Carol
Old 04-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on finally bringing your new coach home! Now the fun begins...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote