Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2005, 01:53 AM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Salisbury, MA. Beach StatePark

On a whim, we decided to take the Monty out for a weekend. Our destination was a state park. My sister visits here often. We have never visited here and we didn't make our way to the Atlantic at all this year, a nice weekend forecast is predicted so off we went.

Called Thursday night and they do not take reservations this time of year. I was told there were many open sites when I called friday morning.

Water and electric (20amp) no sewer, dual dump station (they are upgrading all the sites to include electric, Some 50 + 30amp)

We arrived Friday afternoon (site F9). Set up and took a walk to the water.
While walking down the road I noticed an International RV hauler and a Big Sky.
No one was outside so we continued our walk.

Returning from our walk (an hour later) we went down the road behind us. Then I noticed a rig from NY. The license plate read AL's Dually. I know this plate. Anyone who attended the NE rally would recognize both of these descriptions.

So I was so sure I knew this License plate, The door was open, Knock, Knock anybody home? Guess who? Al and Nita all the way from NY. Setup right behind Frank and Sandy. Well Frank and Sandy must of heard all the chatter. They came over to Nita and AL's site. We spent a few hours reminiscing about the rally and updating each other on our lives. It was so nice to see them both. It just goes to show what wonderful people you meet here!

Both wonderful couples we don't hear from much. They do read and keep informed about ongoings through this web site.

Looks like Frank and Sandy are going to be on the road a lot more. They just celebrated their 100th night in their Montana (congrats!)

We had things we wanted to do in the area so we were off.

fmsunoco MOC-2384 (Frank and Sandy)
TheCoachPotatoes MOC-3847 (Al and Nita)

There were Three other Montana's (in addition to ours) A Mountaineer was pulling in while I was paying. I did talk to him and told him about this web site. One of the Montanas is a "Park Host" Leo from Nashua NH. I told him about this web site. I didn't have a chance to meet the other Montana owners though. I'm sure Al and Frank with Nita and Sandy will venture over to do their introductions.

We did get a chance to say bye to Frank and Sandy. The road in the campground was dug up (doing electrical upgrades) and we had to get on the road. We didn't get an opportunity to say bye to Al and Nita.
So I would like to do it here. Nice seeing you guys again. Have safe travels.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by uhftx

On a whim, we decided to take the Monty out for a weekend. Our destination was a state park. My sister visits here often. We have never visited here and we didn't make our way to the Atlantic at all this year, a nice weekend forecast is predicted so off we went.
So I have to ask how'd you like Salisbury beach? Its only 10 miles north of us so we've never camped there :-). We take our 7 Golden Retrievers up there to run most every weekend between Labor Day and Memorial Day since its open to dogs/horses then. Excellent Striper and Bluefish fishing right off the campground beach at low tide..
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #3
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Part of the reason we went there is because of our dog. Hampton has a no dog policy and is a much smaller facility. It was nice this time of year and would do it again. I did do some bass fishing caught 3 and released them to grow.

I would definately go again. I doubt I'ld go during peak season though. I can see it getting very crowded

For $22.00, $20 MA resident.
Great fishing
After October 15 dry camping only.

I will definately be back.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Chris and Donna,

It was great seeing you guys at Salisbury Beach!! So glad you knocked on our door. Wished we had seen you before you left, but we understand you needed to get on the road. We did venture over toward your site and hoped you hadn't left, but unfortunately we were too late. Maybe we will catch up with you again there as we would like to go back in the Spring. We had a really great time. It was very relaxing. We really enjoyed our time with Frank and Sandy! They are a wonderful couple and we even got a chance to ride in "Big Truck"

We met a couple with a 3670 Montana while there. John and Pat, from Indiana. They were very friendly, and we enjoyed talking with them about their adventures. We told them about the Montana site. However, they don't have a computer right now.

Northeasterners might be interested in knowing that Salisbury Beach opens on April 15. That is a month earlier than most campgrounds in the Northeast. If the weather is nice, it is a good time to go out and shake the snow off the Monty. We went there on that date last April and met the Carlson's (Sven and Pat), they told us about the rally in Saratoga and the website. So glad we met them, as they are a great couple. This contact led to our joining the Montana site and attending the rally where we have met so many wonderful people!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote