Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Marble Falls, Texas

We are doing it..... Yeah. We are taking the Monty out to Sunset Point in Marble Falls for three entire nights. I know it isn't a long time but it beats just seeing it on the concrete pad.

This will be our test to see if everything works. We will have to drive to work on Friday inorder to do this and then be back by noon on Sunday.

Can you tell I am excited.

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
WOOOOEEEEE!! Have a great time

Is that the town and campground near that restaurant that I missed??? Sure sounds familiar!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #3
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Carol,

Yes, it is the same town and campground that I told you about before. We went out there on the 4th and had a ball with our friends. We got there about 2 PM and left about 8 PM

We had to be back at the kennel before neighbors started popping fireworks but I managed to get a little sun burned any way. I just hate fireworks, dogs manage to rearrange wire into all sorts of art work if they are scared of them.

We were supposed to join three other couples for the 4th but since the kennel hasn't sold yet we had to work. My manager is watching the kennel for us so we can test the Monty out. I don't want Bob to get on the road working insurance losses and have something not be working properly. So we will try to test everything out this weekend. I will fill up the water tank and try to dry camp part of one day, and then plug into the electricity soon after. To hot here to dry camp for long
Old 07-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, you guys have a blast!

My Cappy is scared to death of fireworks and thunder. I love the 4th, but after 5 nights of fireworks, some nights followed by horrendous thunderstorms, well, quiet sure is a NICE thing! One night it was so loud with fireworks that ALL the dogs were upset by it, even ones that usually sleep through the worst thunderstorms. We cannot remember ever hearing so many fireworks, FIVE long nights! Patriotism is NOT dead in Michigan!

I can only imagine what a large dog in slightly unfamiliar surroundings might do! Heavens, that is a scary thought.

Well, I suppose I don't have to tell you to have a meal for us, and be sure to have a piece of pie, that was one of the specialties wasn't it???

Carol
Old 07-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #5
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Carol,

We won't be going to the Blue Bonnet Cafe to eat. I am going to be camping!!!! Who ever said that it was camping when you are in a 3400 Monty

You are right that one of their specialties is the meringue on the pies, it is over 3 inches tall. Everything is good there it is good ole home cooking. Green beans and fried okra.... oh you are tempting me to eat out.

We will be pulling out the grill and cooking something not sure what yet. I really want to put the Monty through its paces while we are camping. I might end up taking three showers a day to make sure the grey tanks empty and that the plumbing is secure and nothing leaks. I wonder can I try out the dishwasher.... oh I forgot they don't have one I am the dishwasher hee hee. The poor camp ground will hate my water usage as I will be testing the toilet with lots of flushes to make sure it is holding water. I plan on cooling it down as much as I can and then turning on the furnace. Bob is going to think I am crazy, but heah he already knows that.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OK, cook out, then go over to the Blue Bonnett for desert! That way you can still have the cake (errrrrr pie) and test Montana out too!

You are gonna have a grand time! Enjoy!!

Old 07-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #7
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Driftwoodgal
Where is this campground? Name. You answered the question about resturant name. We went thru there last year heading to RGV. Might use same route with the good food.
Mary
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Mary

I think this is it:

http://www.sunsetpointlbj.com/
Old 07-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Oh, oh, oh, the Blue Bonnet is terrific! And the pie. You have to try the pie! We also stayed at the same park you are staying in. We have friends who live just west of there, near Kingsland. They used to live in Marble Falls. One of my best high school friends.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote