Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #41
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
My understanding is shelter in place is doing nothing but 'flattenning the curve'. So I am guessing we will all catch it but over a longer period of time. Just like the flu. We all hunker down and gradually come back out and then catch the virus.
Am I way off here, or what????
You are NOT wrong. In a couple of weeks when people decide they have had enough of shelter in place and quarantine, they will start coming out and we will have a second wave. Exactly like Spanish flu in 1918.
It will end when they have a successful vaccine widely distributed.
FDA has approved a malaria drug for use to help treat infected. It was used in France with a good success rate for those very I'll and Hospitalized.
Anything that helps at this stage.

Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #42
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
We've been wearing blue nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight when fueling up and remove them by turning them inside out and taking home for a thorough disinfecting for reuse. Normally we would just throw them away but suspect they may be hard to get for a while.
HF has donated their entire stock of nitrile gloves (42 million pairs!) along with n95 masks and face shields to hospitals. So, yes, may be a while. Been using mine conservatively.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:30 AM   #43
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
HF has donated their entire stock of nitrile gloves (42 million pairs!) along with n95 masks and face shields to hospitals. So, yes, may be a while. Been using mine conservatively.

Glad to hear that. I probably have enough gloves with almost 2 full boxes plus we have 3-4 N95 masks. If necessary, I can dig out my N95 paint 1/2 face respirator that I recently installed new cartridges and pre filters.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:09 PM   #44
Ufoldfirst

M.O.C. #25730
Question

We bought a new truck last year, got a new 5er at the first of this year. Been getting it ready, and our home ready for some time away to visit family. Been planning and working on this for 2 years, and we/it/they are all ready next week!

We have been lucky so far (taking too long to get done and on the road), but did lose my father in law this month. Not the virus. The plan was to travel and see family before anyone else dies or graduates kindergarten, HS, etc. Before it's too late. again.

Now we don't know if trying to make it to the Ozarks is even do-able at this point! We have no problems with locations, etc. Family has plenty of acreage to stuff us on for as long as we need.

But what about the travel?
What kind of response should I expect when they see Washington license plates? It's already been hard on some New York licensed drivers traveling out of state, in POVs! How about some folks out in a travel trailer?

What have you experienced in this current and daily changing environment?

Chris
Ufoldfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #45
penra
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24321
Many communities are closing the door to outsiders and rightly so. We are stuck in California and hopefully can get 'home' to Washington in May. We decided not to travel at this time because of so much uncertainty. What if we needed medical services on our way home? Here we at least know people and stores and are 15 minutes from a good hospital. We are also at the beach and after a week of 'stay at home' orders and everyone and their brother coming to the beach since they can't work or go to school, the local authorities closed down all parking. You can still go to the beach but you have to bike or walk. During that time we were still new to the idea of social distancing but it was obvious that the people coming in from out of town really didn't care about that and just wanted to party. The beach patrol was busy breaking up parties every day. That said, I can understand a family wanting to load up and take the kids to the beach in the RV. It gives them activities and isolates them from all their friends too. However, as a resident of the park they are in, I feel like they are aliens and possibly bringing the virus here. The laundry is closed, the showers are closed because they can't clean after every use.
My suggestion is if you are home, stay there until this is over. It's no fun if you can't go out to eat or shop at the tourist traps, or go to a movie. Everything is closed except gas and groceries. Going to another area just puts added burden on the municipal services, and the citizens there will suffer. We would all be safer if everyone would assume you have the virus. Many have it and have no symptoms, they are spreading it if they don't mask and glove and stay home as much as possible. Young and old are dying from this virus and dying fast, and if you survive you may wish you didn't. It's not a joke or a hoax but the reality is that we can survive if we are smart. The brilliant people in this country are working on cures and vaccines, they need time to test and they will succeed, eventually.
Hope everyone stays safe.

2020 Montana Legacy 3120RL
2019 GMC 3500HD Denali SRW LB; B&W Companion Pucks
penra is offline   Reply With Quote