Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2023, 07:02 PM   #1
Will & Cindy

M.O.C. #24435
kitchen/dining slides clicking noise/not moving

2019 3791 RD kitchen/dining double slides will not move. There is a clicking sound & the lights flicker throughout the 5r. i understand these are hydraulic. what can I do to trouble shoot this problem. all other slides work ok.

Mod Edit: I moved your post to a new Thread as it didn't fit where it was.

Will & Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 08:10 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Is it just the hydraulic slides or are the Level Up jacks working? The most common cause is a bad 50 amp self-resetting circuit breaker. There are other possible causes, but that is a good place to start. Do a Search using the terms 50 amp circuit breaker (or variations) for much more information.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:15 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
You sound like you do not know what slide system you have. If they are hydraulic have you checked the hydraulic fluid levels? I have hydraulic equipment at home and when the fluid gets low, they behave poorly. The "clicking" sound sounds like that's the first place to check.

If your fuse was blown, I don't think you'd have any power at all. Considering you have at least a clicking sound tells me you have power. Something else is wrong. Check the fluid levels first, purge the air, and see what happens. (IF they are hydraulic).

If they are Schwintech, then you've got a different issue going on. Something else completely different if they are cable and even more differences if they are rack and pinion.

More information is needed.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:36 AM   #4
Bladescb
Established Member

M.O.C. #29195
Just went through this after spending a week in Savannah! Do your jacks work? Our fuses were fine. The clicking is probably the solenoid. Put a test light across ground and one lead on the side of the hydraulic motor and pushed the up button. Do the same on the other motor lead while pushing the down button. If the test light lights, the motor may be NFG! Our motor was no good! Had to replace it.

Good luck!

2016 Montana 3710FL
2018 Ford F350 SRW
Bladescb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 01:05 PM   #5
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will & Cindy View Post
2019 3791 RD kitchen/dining double slides will not move. There is a clicking sound & the lights flicker throughout the 5r. i understand these are hydraulic. what can I do to trouble shoot this problem. all other slides work ok.

Mod Edit: I moved your post to a new Thread as it didn't fit where it was.
If you have Lead-acid batteries, and the old 50A (new is 80) is working ok then the batteries are dead. ONLY good batteries will power the hydraulics, connecting shore power or truck will not help.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:26 PM   #6
ACKLM8
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25709
We had been traveling for a year in our 2020 3121RL and started to set up in a campground but the jacks wouldn't go down. As in your situation, the solenoid was clicking but nothing else. We had the 80-amp resetting breaker upgrade so I dismissed that as an issue. Thought bad battery but they were fine. Turned out that the connector on the cable from the battery to the breaker had not been "swedged." It took a year for it to loosen up enough that it wouldn't pass the current necessary to operate the pump. Easy fix once figured out
ACKLM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:52 AM   #7
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
As Carl stated, it's most likely the 50 Amp self resetting circuit breaker on the back wall above the battery box. Have someone stick their head in the battery compartment and listed while the slide switch is activated. You should hear the clicking coming from the circuit breaker to confirm it is the problem. I upgraded mine shortly after purchase to an 80 Amp manual reset.
Here's the one I used...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote