Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #21
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Sinterior, what tires are on your truck?

I have Michelin MS2s and I actually had to call Michelin since the inflation table is not available online and while it took a long time to get through and an even longer time for the person to locate the information I needed, I learned that my max 80psi Michelin tires also have a minimum of 65 psi so I don't go below that any more. I think like you I prefer the lesser pressure when not towing (requires 75psi under load) or else the ride is quite spine-jarring. I used to try 50 to 60 psi but it was explained to me for my tires going under that is hazardous to the side walls.

I was quite surprised by that revelation especially since I've heard that some folks who travel on sand will lower their psi on their tires to 30 to 40 psi to increase the pad size. With what I learned about the low minimum it's best to check with the tire manufacturer on what the low psi would be. I didn't ask about the terrain used when I talked to the Michelin tech, but maybe it has a bearing. After all the M/S means Mud/Snow and maybe Sand might be different.

Maybe LonnieB could chime in on his experience and recommendations on this?

My truck came with Michelin AT2's, and I ran MS2s on my last 2 trucks. These are the pressures my tire dealer recommended on those 2 trucks, one I have dealt with and trust for years.

Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Larry-P

I have a Porter-Cable pancake air compressor. (125 lbs max pressure)
Is it advantageous to take this with us ??
Also, what is the normal tire air pressure for my Monty (3455SA).

Thanks, Larry-P
A necessary item. If you are parked somewhere for sometime I would check air pressure THE DAY BEFORE you leave in case you need tire repair service. This cost me time leaving Las Vegas one year as I had a flat on a rear tire of Monty and did not realize it, fortunately Good Sam was Johnny on the spot this time.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote