Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Service Center - When and When NOT?

We are currently planning on buying our Monty from a dealer not near us (432 miles - 7 hours away).
Thus, we will probably not be relying on that dealer for repairs once we have done the PDI, fixed all things found there, returned home, and hit the road fulltime.
When warranty issues occur, will Keystone refer us to a dealer near us during our travels or, given the excellent reputation of the Keystone Service Center, should we (if possible) plan on getting the maintenance issues resolved in Goshen?
I realize that some may be major items that HAVE to be repaired wherever we are but, for other non-critical things would we be better off to try and get to the Service Center?
Any suggestions or information on how things "get done" will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Larry

Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Larry..A call to customer service, team Montana, and they will assist in arranging to send you to a nearby dealer. That is far better than dropping in unannounced. I think keystone making the arrangements help a lot... They did every time we needed dealer assistance. The service center is the best place to have serious work addressed but understand that it requires advance appointment and that can be a wait of 3 or more months. I know folks have reported problems in dealer service when not their selling dealer and we are sure that is so... however we have always asked Team Montana for assistence and we have not had a problem while on the road. Just our experience..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
I agree with Rich...make that call to customer service to get the ball rolling. When we had our major flood last month, the dealer in Pensacola recommended by Keystone was absolutely no help. Waiting a week to get a serious leak fixed...in Florida...in March...is no help. Keystone had no recommendations other than who I should call. We got it fixed the next day by 'dropping in' on a different dealer in Robertsdale, AL, just to ask about it and see when they could work us in to their shop. Rather than just work us in, the service manager asked where the trailer was (in his parking lot)...long story short, in two hours it was fixed.

I would think even most major issues could be resolved without going to the service center. Noticed last month we have a Dexter axle facility right down the road...never noticed it until "Dexter Axle" meant something to me.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I agree that many,if not most repair issues can be addressed at a dealer..IF you can find a dealer that will do it and can do it. The Team Montana folks, and I made a point to meet as many of them as we could while at the service center, can be of great assistance in helping you to find a dealer that can resolve your issues, Few dealers would have the were-with-all to remove and repair slides and drop the front cap. Do not drop into the service center un announced. They schedule according to your problem and how long it may take to correct.. to drop in without a appointment creates a big mess and you may be turned away.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote