Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
A journey complete

After 7,442.1 miles over 5 month’s , we are back at our ‘Stick House’ here in Kansas City.

The things we’ve seen, the places we’ve been……………….

We started the adventure with our new Ford Power stroke Diesel and a 2007 Montana 5th wheel, a pocket full of optimism and an idea to see places, meet people, and get lost on purpose.
We left Kansas City traveled through Kansas to Colorado, on up to Cripple Creek and Manitou Springs, then on to Santa Fe, New Mexico. The train ride in Santa fe was fun, also watched the roasting peppers popping of seeds, the aroma was marvelous.
On to the Grand Canyon and Sedona via Flagstaff, never said wow so many times in a week, on over the Boulder dam; Wow many more times.
Vegas was awesome, we stood on a pedestrian overpass and called friends to share our joy, how can you not love the city excitement there?
We spent a week, then moved on to Lake Havasu City for two month‘s, yep, the London Bridge is there, the McCullough chain saw man bought it, brought it over. You can still see the numbers on the individual blocks.
We stayed at a really nice RV resort there, met a bunch of RV friends we hope to meet again.
Well I’ll cut to South padre Island and the Thousand plus miles I put on my bicycle, Sue made Jewelry, laid in the Sun and joined me for rides.
Spring break was awesome, we both enjoyed that immensely. The 26 mile trip on the beach, getting stuck, swimming with the fishes and enjoying the solitude was dreamlike.
The worst part of the adventure was coming back to reality. We can’t wait to resume our travels.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Ozz, Dude, I just came through KC yesterday! Spent the night and visted friends in Lawrence. We're now "snowed in" in Russell, KS. Your note mentioned places we're headed...Moab, Bryce, Zion, GC, Flagstaff, Sedona, Santa Fe, Taos, etc. Our timing is off for biking and beers together. Another trip?! Best wishes,
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Be careful out there, I look forward to our meeting.
Keep us updated, we will be there with you in spirit.
Ozz
Old 04-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
When's your next trip/adventure? any chace of you folks coming east? We'll get back to MD in June and then do local PA, NY, MD trips during the summer. Darn it's cold in KS in the spring!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I think North this or next summer will be next. Branson rally is upcoming, but I have tons of things to do here
Darn spring weather, it was really nice 4 or 5 days ago out there.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:53 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ah Yes Ozz..We know the feeling having just completed our first "great adventure" and now re fitting for the next one...If it would just stop snowing.. Glad we could share the Lake Havasu part of your Adventure..Oh Las vegas also. Our next great Adventure will be Colorado, Wyoming, the Dakota's (are the Dakota's still there) See you on the Road..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 AM   #7
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Chris:
Are you folks at Wilson Lake CG? What a beautiful place...prettiest water I saw in KS. Caught lots of smallmouth off the shore in the CG!

If you return via that general route, and have some extra time, drop down to US 54, East from the Wichita area. There is a great State CG near Toronto Lake. On 54, just turn right at the Lizard Lips Café, Grocery Store and Bar and go through Toronto to the CG. In town, on the right, is the most amazing tiny Italian Restaurant and Pizza place, Courtney's. Great food, in the middle of nowhere. Only 5 tables in the dining area. Toronto itself looks/feels like a Steven King novel location.

12 or so miles further east is Yates Center (Hay Capital of the World!!). GOT to "dine" at "Frannie's". Just ask...everyone knows where it is..just off the main town square. A real slice of Americana. $1 lunch, (beverage and blue plate special or a big sandwich) fresh home-made pie $1. Been featured on "Tonight Show" etc.

Further east, in MO, and south a bit near the KS/MO State line, check out Carthage. Really good CG at the "Red Barn" in Carthage. Most beautiful County Courthouse I've ever seen in the middle of town. Also, dozens incredible old homes on the streets just south of the town square. Some of them open for tours. Carthage also is the "home" of "Precious Moments" and a tour of that park is a great experience. "Precious Moments" is an amazing place and an amazing story, regardless of your individual religious affiliations.

Strangely enough, I grew up in Joplin, and had no idea any of that stuff was in the area. But, that was loooong ago!! LOL. Enjoy..
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote