Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Virgina is for lovers and Campers

Just came back from a wonderful trip to Virgina beach.We stayed at Holiday Travel-R park.Its more like a small city then a camp ground.has 1000 sites.Probably half are pull thru sites.What a beautiful well kept park.Tons of security people and very friendly.They go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.The place has 4 big pools,5 camping stores that are well stocked.We were parked and on both sides of us were people from Canada.Lots of Canidian campers come here.They were 2 of the nicest couples you could ever want to meet.We got their late because of a terible car accident on interstae 95 which shut down the high way for 2 hours.So we were setting up in the dark.These 2 wonderful canadian couples both came over to help in our set up with flash lights.I thought that was so thoughtful of them.saw quite a few Montanas at the camp gound/city.The one thiong I did notice their were very few campers with pets which I thought was odd.Our english lab was a big hit at the camp ground.When we take him for a walk he has to bring his full size soccer ball with him at all times.To see this dog carrying a soccer ball in his mouth is quite a site.people were laughing and coming up to him the all time.His tale was a wagging like no tommorow.Just wanted to tell you guys and gals we had such a good time.Its a must stay if you are ever in the Virgina beach area.They even have their own parking lot right on the beach if you want to visit the ocean.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Harleyrider,
Oh how I envy you both!!! Virgina Beach is one of my favorite places in the world!!! We have a friend who was in the Navy and stationed there. We flew to visit them a few years ago, and discovered this is a place where we want to visit often.

It is one of the most beautiful and clean states we've ever visited!! And, oh my gosh! There is so much to see in the area! We made reservations at a hotel right on the beach a couple of years ago to celebrate our 25th Wedding Aniversary, only to be evacuated when Hurricane Isabelle hit. We spent our "Special time away" in a small hotel room in Chrystal City, just outside of DC. And of course everything was closed, but, we were together so, it wasn't all that bad.

I can't wait to be able to actually travel in the Montana over there and not have to worry about time factors of home. I think I could spend months and months there and not get bored!! Thanks for the tip on the campground, we've been looking, but haven't come across anything that sounded all that great yet. Are these guys on the internet? let us know if you can. Thanks,

Joy Thompson
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Hi Joy

It sure is a beautiful state,you are so right on that one.And yes they do have a web site for their camp ground.Holiday trav-L-Park in Virgina beach.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 AM   #4
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Harleyrider,
We checked out the web site, thanks. I am itching to get back there, but it looks as if it won't be at least untill next year, darn! Thanks again for the info.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:18 AM   #5
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
We were there last fall. We stayed in a super site, 50 amp service, concrete level pad, nice copper fireplace. Well worth the $$. We had the cg to ourselves with only about 75 campers there. Nice place and a great area to visit. We came across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel at sunset. It was a great trip, the $29 toll is steep but it cuts 100 miles off the northern trip and about 2 hrs.

Definitely plan to go back this fall.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 04:38 AM   #6
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Just a suggestion, but just north of the Chesapeake Bay bridge and Tunnel is Kiptopeke State Park Campground. We have stayed there a couple of times and love it. You get full hookup with cable in a beautiful campground in the pines. A short walk brings you to a nice beach on the Chesapeake with the added attraction of a breakwater built of nine old WWII concrete liberty ships which were sunk to make a ferry harbor before the bridge and tunnel were built. There are lots of nature trails and the prices are reasonable.
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote