Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
Rmar

M.O.C. #6595
Refrigerator Vent - LEAK?

Have 2955RL and after a very windy rainstorm noticed slight amount water coming from under refrigerator. No water hooked up just sitting in driveway. I cannot see any typical signs of water spots, etc on ceiling or walls. Anyone experienced this? Could water have blown into refrigerator vent and leaked onto floor?
Any comments welcome.

Rmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I did not experience this exact scenario, but did get water coming out from under the fridge one day. Turns out I was trying to help by washing Sky one day and really used a ton of water in my efforts. I must have sprayed directly into those vents for the fridge cause the exact same thing happened. When I showed Dick the water he asked if I had sprayed into those vents..."well I guess maybe?" I am guessing your driving rain did the same thing I did with the hose? Dick no longer wants my help in washing Sky. I guess a silver lining huh?

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
There have been several posts on this. I have a 3400 and have had water blow into the refer vent and come out on the floor, I was able to fix it. The bottom ledge of the vent frame tapered in, I unscrewed it and installed an angle bracket under it so the bottom ledge was forced up so it tapered outward and the angle went up 1/2 inch. Caulked the ends of the angle so it acts as a dam. Has worked so far. When it leaked we had a very strong side wind and rain coming down in buckets, it was almost raining in horizontal.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #4
Rmar

M.O.C. #6595
Thanks all for input
Old 05-29-2008, 06:46 AM   #5
awdahnke

M.O.C. #8517
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rmar

Have 2955RL and after a very windy rainstorm noticed slight amount water coming from under refrigerator. No water hooked up just sitting in driveway. I cannot see any typical signs of water spots, etc on ceiling or walls. Anyone experienced this? Could water have blown into refrigerator vent and leaked onto floor?
Any comments welcome.
I have a 2007 3475rl and I have had this same problem. Did you find a solution?
awdahnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Jim F. has a good solution, we had the same problem with a similar fix.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:38 AM   #7
Rmar

M.O.C. #6595
awdahnke - I have a 2007 3475rl and I have had this same problem. Did you find a solution?

I did a couple of things mostly caulk and more caulk at the outside ref vent. Also did clear silicone caulk at actual seam where vent meets top of rv (just in case)

Have had several rains since and no leaks.

Hope this helps

Rmar

Old 06-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
We've had a similar problem on the Mountaineer. Only leaks if the wind is from a certain direction. My thought is it is blowing under the roof vent cover. I suppose I will correct it one of these days.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote