Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
NEW 3400 LEAF SPRING PROBLEM

We were out practicing parking with our two week old 3400RL in a large parking lot when one of the leaf spring shackle plates (that connect the leaf springs to the Mor-Ryde system) fell off our rig. We could not move the 5th-wheel as we knew it would do further damage. We called the service center and they were very apologetic that we were having problems and had a service technician on the way to us within an hour of our call. The service Tech was able to change out the shackle kit and get us back on our way in a little over an hour.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? It look as if the parts had been loose for a while because there was wearing of the shackle place (oblonging of the bolt holes, and the bolts also had a flat spot warren on them.

Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:10 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is gross negligence on someones part..Mor-Ryde, keystone and could have resulted in a serious incident had that occurred while on the free way at 65 MPH.The first person that I would have had look at that would have been our Attorney. There is a limit to poor quality/ workmanship and manufacturers need to be held accountable when poor quality/workmanship results in a life threating situation.Sounds like you got speedy and preferential treatment from the service center..I wonder why...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
So glad you were in a parking lot and not on the road 5er!! It's good to hear they were so responsive on the fix.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Jeez Karl, hope you guys are ok and all. Sounds like the check in guys didn't check it too close. I was there on Thursday Morning when we picked up our unit and they were checking in three new units. TGhey all over tht thing like flies on honey.
Glad they got to you quickly!! Was it from Tacoma RV, the repair tech, I mean?
Rick
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Rick...Yes it was Tacoma RV. The service center was great! The Tech was outstanding in his ability to change out the parts with very limited tools and equipment. I was impressed. I thought sure that they were going to have to take it back to the service center. Congratulations on your new rig!!

Brad... We too are glad we were a parking lot when it happened and not going down the freeway. It was our church parking lot, he was looking out for us and made it happen there instead of the freeway. Thank the Lord!

Rich...I sent both Dexter and Keystone an e-mail reporting the issue we had with the suspension failure.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:09 AM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Wow scary! Glad no one was hurt. Seems Keystone was prompt in getting if fixed for you. That is good that you emailed Dexter and Keystone. They need to be aware of the problem and thanks for letting us be aware of it too!
That is what is nice about the forum...good or bad, it is just nice to be able to be able to have all this information.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote