Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Slide Stall Question

I have an 05 335RLBS Mountaineer. We last went out in October for a few days. We are about to go out for a 2 weeker on the 7th. I have never had any slide problems. The other day I used my Honda 2000 gen to give us some power while we did some cleaning and packing for the coming trip. We were not level a slight down and grade from back to front and also from entry door to slide side. We ran out the slides but I did not turn on my 12v system just used the 110 power from the Honda all ok. Came to bring them in and bedroom came in fine, living room came in about 1/2 way and stop. Pushed button again and it came in remainder. It has done this twice now over the 2 weekends we were working on the unit. Last time we had the generator and batteries both on. I know some people have had problems with theirs at times. I would think if it was a problem it might be something that would happen all the time and probably not continue in. Any thoughts. I wonder if the grade not severe but there for drainage in our storage facility so it was down and to one side. Maybe since the trailer has been holed up for the last couple of months things are stiff. I would think if a short or some other type problem it would not start right up when I pushed it the second time. I am suspecting it is something I should watch or do all of you know something else from these symptoms?
Can the slides be cranked in with the same tool you lower your stab jacks with if necessary? I would want to be prepared in case of a problem.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
I had a similar problem with my living room slide but it stalled going out. Someone here told me the problem was an in line breaker that was supposedly too small. The breaker would overheat and cause the slide to stall, then in a couple of seconds it was cool enough that it would let me go the rest of the way out. I was still under warranty so I took it back to the dealer and told them what I learned here. They replaced the breaker and I have not had a problem the last 3 seasons.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Bob,
We had problems with our large slide pausing while bring in or out. I replaced the 12 volt in-line circuit breaker with a new one and it fixed the problem. I have used a cordless drill to bring the slides in. If you look at the end of the hydraulic pump you will see a sticker on the end. Remove this sticker and a hexagonal connector will be visible. I used a hexagonal bit in the drill and was able to retract the slide. This information should be in the owners manual you received with the coach. Hope this helps!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Many have posted similar problems, as have I w/our Montana. Lippert fix is to get and install a replacement 50A Auto-reset breaker, between the hydraulic pump and battery. Breaker is less than $5. Install, after disconnecting the battery, takes about 10 minutes. Easy fix to an irritating problem. Good luck. BTW, got my breakers (spare) at a local RV shop. Good luck,
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote