Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2006, 03:15 AM   #1
hamcamper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #768
Oaks Plantation RV Park in Charleston, SC

This campground used to be a real dump with squatters and ancient rigs essentialy littering the place. That is, it was up to about three years ago. New management, (the sons of the owner) have taken over and have really turned the place around. It is now one of the nicest campgrounds you could wish for. Clean, large sites, etc. However, and it's a big HOWEVER, the transition was made by using police state methods to implement the rules. Those who only stay for a few nights don't see the problem but those who stay for long periods get different and more stringent rules than the short timers. We are here for a month and if it were for more than a month we would have to be interviewed before we would be accepted. I really like the facility but the police state atmosphere turns me off and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone but my enemies.

hamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote