Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
bsblindab
Established Member

M.O.C. #19010
Antennae.

first time camping and had to use the Antennae. Popped it up at home and tried the bedroom TV..got 4 channels.
Was out camping and a few things:
1) after I put the antennae up..I was twisting the dial to get reception and the dial/crank and spring fell down..thankfully I got it all put together and was able to put the antennae down for home..but the dial didn't go in the right place.. Was I missing a part?? Also it says to lube the gears..how do I do that?
2) if I got reception at home in the bedroom..how come I cant at the campground after getting channels in the LR??

bsblindab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #2
jeff_banning
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20129
Different brand TV's and one has a better digital receiver? Maybe marginal signal, one TV can get it, other cannot. Or you accidentally knocked it off Antenna in the TV settings and onto cable? Just spit balling here... don't know.
2017 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L PS 4:10's
Monett, MO
jeff_banning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
bsblindab
Established Member

M.O.C. #19010
they are different brand TV's One is a Jensen, the other Samsung. I did check the antennae setting on the bedroom TV..just kinda funny..and then when the handle and rotator came out of the ceiling it was like..Oh great
bsblindab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Every time that you change positions of your antenna you must do a channel search on your TV. And don't forget to put the booster on.
With a little playing around you will find the right position for the dial. To lube the gears you have to go on the roof and you will see a rubber cap that has to be removed at the antenna to enable you to spray silicone into the gears.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:58 PM   #5
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
The manual for your antenna is at this link and has maintenance and parts breakdown: http://www.winegard.com/support?supp...I,_and_Wingman
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #6
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsblindab View Post
first time camping and had to use the Antennae. Popped it up at home and tried the bedroom TV..got 4 channels.
Was out camping and a few things:
1) after I put the antennae up..I was twisting the dial to get reception and the dial/crank and spring fell down..thankfully I got it all put together and was able to put the antennae down for home..but the dial didn't go in the right place.. Was I missing a part?? Also it says to lube the gears..how do I do that?
2) if I got reception at home in the bedroom..how come I cant at the campground after getting channels in the LR??

Go to this forum link for good info on this:
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...hlight=antenna
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
I know this is an older post BUT check the cable connections behind ALL the connections. In several RVs I have found many of these connections loose.
paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote