Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2016, 02:17 AM   #21
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
[quote]Originally posted by kdeiss

I agree lots of water because we use a lot of water I empty and flush every three days.
12 years never a build up!

In addition to using a lot of water about twice a Season I add Thetford Tissue Digester just for added insurance something I have done for over 20 years.

kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:31 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Now when we get back home after the winter in Florida we will fill the black,grey, galley tanks and add Rid X for Rv's and let it work for a few days then dump and flush.That gets done once a year.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:15 AM   #23
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
My wife buys tissue at Sms Club. Chep stuff Not RV paper. No problems at all except if someone uses a yard of paper. i installed a clear backflush valve on the outlet It ha a valve. So I dump the black tank when it is full after that has drained I close the valve on the clear flush valve and open the gray tank, the black tank is still open. this forces the gray water back into the black tank. Then I open the valve on the clear flush valve. This seems to get more out of the black tank. It works for me.The flush valve has 2 ports on it to back flush using a garden hose but i only tried them once. I use Rid EX about once a year and no it does not hurt anything. I usually dump the tanks when the gray tank is full and standing in the shower tub.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #24
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
We now have the brand scott tp' and got Rid X so this time it all came 0ut good, Thanks for all the advice.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:34 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by shovelhead86

My wife buys tissue at Sms Club. Chep stuff Not RV paper. No problems at all except if someone uses a yard of paper. i installed a clear backflush valve on the outlet It ha a valve. So I dump the black tank when it is full after that has drained I close the valve on the clear flush valve and open the gray tank, the black tank is still open. this forces the gray water back into the black tank. Then I open the valve on the clear flush valve. This seems to get more out of the black tank. It works for me.The flush valve has 2 ports on it to back flush using a garden hose but i only tried them once. I use Rid EX about once a year and no it does not hurt anything. I usually dump the tanks when the gray tank is full and standing in the shower tub.
We also would let the galley and grey tanks fill till water came u in the sink and shower as a indicator to dump.Both our gray and galley tanks burst on our winter lot last winter using that method. We do not do that any more.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote