Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2004, 02:33 AM   #1
Montana_1481

M.O.C. #1481

My wife and I bought a salvaged 2002 298RLS that had an electrical fire. We have about 50% of the work done so far. We have replaced the converter, which involved re-wiring most of the electrical system. Now we are concentrating on the ceilings and duct work. We went with a heat pump unit for the replacement of the air conditioner. There is still a lot of work to do, but we are in no hurry. When we get it completed maybe we will post some before and after pictures. This is our first camper, and we are really enjoying the experience.

Montana_1481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 02:39 AM   #2
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Welcome to the MOC! Thanks for sharing your expeerience with us. Sounds like you have taken on a rewarding project. Will be looking forward to seeing your photos. Good Luck in your endeavor.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 05:39 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard! Sounds like a lot of work but something you can really be proud of when you get it done. Looking forward to seeing your pictures! And picking your brain, since you will know so much about how these things are put together!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 07:13 AM   #4
Britney 10
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1704
Welcome fescue, We are glad to have you here and will be waiting to see the pictures when you get it all done.
Britney 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 05:32 PM   #5
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Glad to have you. looks like you have your work cut out for you. good luck & keep us informed of your progress.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
Montana_1302
Established Member

M.O.C. #1302
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Steve, can you PM me? I've been unable to log on to do anything other than this type of response and want to PM some of the people who log in here. Lady RV suggested clearing my cookies (done), I've also wiped by web site history, added this site as a "trusted" site and still no luck. When I log it I get a "you've succewssfully logged in" but when I click on someone's name I get the "you have to be logged in" message. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Montana_1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:08 PM   #7
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
What and experience, Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience with us. We will be waiting to see the before and afters.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:25 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Steve and Cathy, I think PM went away with the new forum software. You can email me if you want. Meanwhile, I think the FAQ link has some info about this. Meanwhile, here's some info I saved on login problems. One of them specifically deals with your problems but any of the others might help also. If none of this helps, post back or email me. Others here might have some ideas so check back or post back.

-------------------
Causes:
Not having correct privacy settings in IE6.
The wrong date and time are set on their computer.
Cookies have been disabled.
Javascript must be enabled (ser from forumco forum)

Ask them to check that the correct date, time & year are set on their computer, that cookies are enabled and if they're using IE6, try the following.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following allows all cookies from forumco.com but not from any other sites:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Open Internet Explorer
>> >
>> > Click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
>> >
>> > Under "Websites" at the bottom click "Edit" (on the right)
>> >
>> > Under "Address of Website" type forumco.com and click "allow".
>> >
>> > Click Ok.
>> >
>> > This brings you back to the privacy popup box.
>> >
>> > Click "Advanced" in the middle of the box.
>> >
>> > Make sure that "Overide automatic cookie handling" is checked.
>> >
>> > Under "first party cookies" check "Accept"
>> > Under "third party cookies" check "Accept"
>> >
>> > Always allow session cookies should also be checked.
>> >
>> > click ok and ok again.
>> >
>> > Close all Internet Explorer windows.
>> >
>> > Open Internet explorer and try to login to the forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following allows all cookies until you are successfully logged on, then restores security to where it was before:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Close IE. Open IE again, go to Tools/Internet Options/Privacy. Move the slider all the way to the bottom so it says "Accept all cookies". Log on to the forum. When successfully logged in, change your privacy settings back to however you want them. You should not have to do this again unless you delete cookies or it gets corrupted.

----------------------------------
Causes:
Not having correct privacy settings in IE6.
The wrong date and time are set on their computer.
Cookies have been disabled.

Ask them to check that the correct date, time & year are set on their computer, that cookies are enabled and if they're using IE6, try the following.

>> > Open Internet Explorer
>> >
>> > Click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy
>> >
>> > Under "Websites" at the bottom click "Edit" (on the right)
>> >
>> > Under "Address of Website" type forumco.com and click "allow".
>> >
>> > Click Ok.
>> >
>> > This brings you back to the privacy popup box.
>> >
>> > Click "Advanced" in the middle of the box.
>> >
>> > Make sure that "Overide automatic cookie handling" is checked.
>> >
>> > Under "first party cookies" check "Accept"
>> > Under "third party cookies" check "Accept"
>> >
>> > Always allow session cookies should also be checked.
>> >
>> > click ok and ok again.
>> >
>> > Close all Internet Explorer windows.
>> >
>> > Open Internet explorer and try to login to the forum.

---------------------------------

when logging in doesn't change IN to OUT--
From Tom (Lightningjack11):
I don't know what you tried but try this. Log out and close your browser. Bring your browser back up. Go to tools, internet options, and privacy and set your cookies to accept all cookies. Log back into the forum. Set your privacy settings back to where you want.

Close IE. Open IE again, go to Tools/Internet Options/Privacy. Move the slider all the way to the bottom so it says "Accept all cookies". Log on to the forum. When successfully logged in, change your privacy settings back to however you want them.
-----------
Evidently, your cookies are clearing when you leave so maybe we can work on that.
If you go ahead and do as I suggested to always accept forumco cookies then you should not have a problem.

If you'd rather not accept all cookies or if that approach is not working for you, try this: When you go to tools,internet options, privacy, click on the edit button at the bottom of the Window. Then in the address window type "www.forumco.com"
Then click on "allow". You will then see this in the lower window.
-----------
Jerry1936,
This sounds like the classic case of having the "cookies" set too high to allow you to have access. Either that or you have at some point in the past refused the system to allow "montanaowners.com" or "forumco.com" cookies. You will need to go to the Privacy area in your internet tools area and ALLOW cookies for the above listed urls. Also change your cookie setting low enough to let you see the MOC page. Make certain the little icon with the 5th wheel with the pickup says "out". If it says OUT then you are logged in! I know it sounds weird but that is what you should see. Good luck... RVWheels/admin
-------------
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:45 AM   #9
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Welcome aboard Carl and Lisa! This is a great web site with so many knowledgeable and helpful members. What an undertaking, but what a sense of pride upon completion. Keep us posted on your progress!

vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #10
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fescue

My wife and I bought a salvaged 2002 298RLS that had an electrical fire. We have about 50% of the work done so far. We have replaced the converter, which involved re-wiring most of the electrical system. Now we are concentrating on the ceilings and duct work. We went with a heat pump unit for the replacement of the air conditioner. There is still a lot of work to do, but we are in no hurry. When we get it completed maybe we will post some before and after pictures. This is our first camper, and we are really enjoying the experience.
I am in total amazement of your endeavor. Congratulations on your purchase and let me tell you how much I admire you ambition. I'll be looking forward to seeing those pictures. I love house construction and I've often thought I'd love to remodel a fiver too, of course a Montana!

Since you've rewired most of the Montana, maybe you can solve the mystery for us on how these Big Boys are wired? I can't tell you how many members want schematics of our wiring and the other mechanicals.

Welcome to MOC! Best of luck on your project too.

Patty & Dick
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote