Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KathyandDave

.....how do you adapt the compressed air line to the city water inlet.....
Here's the one that I made.

I just hook it up to a pressure regulated (40-60 psi so as not to burst any water lines) air hose and screw it on to the "City Water" inlet in the convenience center. The ball valve allows me to shut off the air supply while I go back and forth, closing and opening the various faucets in the trailer.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #22
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
KTManiac, I like it. I went and bought bits and pieces today for both approaches, but I forgot the ball valve. I got a clamp-on tire inflator for the air line, but I'm not sure I like the plastic RV adapter piece, so I'm starting with the adapter approach.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #23
RCN.Stoker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9497
I just finished mine and the trick about using the outside shower for the tank flush I could have used. Going back later so I will do it at that time. In my previous rig I missed the inside shower hose and ended up with a split connection. Now I simply unscrew the hose from the shower faucet. I also allow a bit of the anti-freeze to run out of the water heater.
RCN.Stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #24
kylec2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10688
We use an air compressor and blow out our lines, rather than use antifreeze. We camp year round here in Texas and winterizing every other week with antifreeze is not practical. We blow out the outside shower, then each of the inside faucets, shower, and toilet. Last thing is we drain the hot water heater, blow out its lines and finally the low-point drains. Once the lines are clear we add a little bit of anti-freeze to the drain traps, toilets, and tanks (1/4 gallon each time we winterize). This has worked for us for several years and takes us less than ten minutes. As noted before, be sure your air compressor is set for no more than 40 pounds of pressure or you could literally blow out one of your lines.
kylec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #25
HPRUM2000
Established Member

M.O.C. #931
m ake sure toilet flush is open air messed up valve on me one time. hprum2000
HPRUM2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
If the lines to the washer/dryer havent been used how does one get the pink through and out of those lines? Would a stsndard garden hose connect to the washer fittings or is there another way?
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #27
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sfish

If the lines to the washer/dryer havent been used how does one get the pink through and out of those lines? Would a stsndard garden hose connect to the washer fittings or is there another way?
See these Splendide Tips for winterizing/dewinterizing.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #28
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Following KTManiac's example, I built an adapter. It worked great. One little thing - I opened and vented the hot water tank, then closed it and opened the hot low point drain to empty it, then operated the hot water bypass and blew out the hot water lines to each valve (galley, shower, etc.). By using the hot water bypass, I avoided refilling the hot water tank with air every between each valve. Saved a lot of time.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:40 AM   #29
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Here is a link to a checklist using the compressed air method for winterizing: Winterizing Checklist. Also, here is a link to the Keystone website with a video of the winterizing process: Keystone video. Just click on the "Winterize your RV" video.

Jack