Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 AM   #21
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave,
Glad to hear the recovery is taking place.

Don't worry about the house. I always tell people that if they are coming to inspect, I want 3 weeks notice, but if they just want to visit, drop in anytime.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:30 AM   #22
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Hi Dave, tell Betsy Delaine and me are thinking about her. Our prayers are with you also, I understand the situation and my heart goes out to you. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:51 AM   #23
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Dave,
Please tell Betsy she is in our prayers. As far as the house - things happen for a reason - so just roll with it and do as you are, taking care of the number one in your life.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:54 AM   #24
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
I just got off the phone with her and her headache is gone and she can walk fine, no more dizziness. They gave her Maxalt (a migraine medication) last night and after a bit of a BP jump the headache went away. This is great as her TIA was caused by a clot and not a bleed. She wants to come home today as she is tired of the tiny hospital and Dr Moe and his Medicine Show. She wants to come home and wait till Tuesday when our Neurologist is back. Wherever we plan to settle next time it will be near a decent medical facility (within 30 miles). That is about I have for the moment, will let you know more as I find out... Dave P.S. I wasn't bitching about not getting a decent showing on the house, I was trying to be ironic about its timing..
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:15 AM   #25
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
That is a good update. And, yes, timing on that showing was rather ironic. SIGH

Keep the faith.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:39 AM   #26
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Betsy and Dave, you are in our prayers. We're so glad to hear that Betsy is well enough to want out of the hospital. That's always a good sign! No matter how mini a TIA is, I'm sure Betsy did have a few bad hours when she couldn't use her leg. And then, the maximum-strength-migraine . . . talk about adding insult to injury.

Hope you guys are back to normal and on the road as planned as soon as possible. In the meantime, our prayers will continue.

Carolyn & Wayne
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:23 AM   #27
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
That is good news Dave! I am so happy she's feeling and doing better! We are still praying for both of you. Are migraines something that Betsy normally suffers with? I do and was just wondering.
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #28
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
So glad Betsy is doing much better. Thinking of you all and sending prayers.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:33 PM   #29
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Dave,

I had a TIA in March, 2004. Quite scary at the time, but now I can say I'm almost at 100%; sometimes I can't get a particular word out, but I just take a breath and start over. Sometimes, I let people know that I had a stroke and find that they listen more intently and don't interrupt - so that's a plus!

Good luck to Betsy!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #30
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Just got home, she is still in the hospital but the IV is out, the heart monitor is gone, so far the migraines are gone so she might come home tomorrow. She wanted to come home tonight but since we live in the arm pit of the frozen tundra in northern Wisconsin and the ambulance response time to the house is at least 15 minutes (even being a crew member) then travel time to the nearest hospital is 25 to 35 minutes, 45 to the nearest level 2 trauma center I would rather she stay for one more night. If everything goes good tonight she may be home tomorrow afternoon. Then Tuesday we go sit on the neurologist's front porch. Dr Moe (looks more like Curly) wants a MRA, not to be confused with a MRI. Basically it is an angiogram done in an a MRI. I am not taking anymore half measures by Drs. We want answers not excuses or guesses. So there it stands for now, I am going to eat some dinner and shower and hit the rack early. Been watching Gustav all day at home and at the hospital, worrying about friends also. Have a good night gang... Dave
Old 09-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #31
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Dave,

Just saw your post about Betsy. So sorry to hear that she is in the hospital, but it sounds like she is on the road to recovery. You both will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #32
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Dave,

We've been off traveling this weekend and just found your post. We're glad to hear Betsy is improving. We will keep you in our prayers.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #33
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Betsy got sprung this afternoon, sitting here reading a cook book. Feels better but got a week of tests ahead of us. Hopefully we can find the cause this time... Dave
Old 09-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #34
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Good news!
Now Dave, just remember, it's "Yes Dear!"

For whatever she wants!!!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #35
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371

Hi everyone-Reading all the wishes for my health and all the prayers really made me feel good. Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!!!
I had a stroke 2 years ago, so this is the second one. And, while this was a mini stroke, it was too frightening. I have no recollection of about 5 and 1/2 hours of Friday. It is like looking at a blank, very black movie screen.
I have full use of the left side but am still dizzy and have this whooshing sound in my head when I move, which is not painful, just annoying, thus the reason for the MRA.
I jump at loud noises (they scare me very badly), and am a little slow to respond at times. Otherwise, no lasting effects from this stroke.
I know Dave was glad that it happened now instead of during shoulder surgery but I was really looking forward to not being in constant pain with that shoulder. Things happen for a reason, I know, but I really wanted to have surgery done. I have waited for over a year and in lots of pain to have that fixed.
One of the other tests that several people told Dave about is called Factor Five and it has to do with blood clotting. It is a genetic defect and those who do not have enough of it are hemophiliacs and do not clot and at the opposite end of the spectrum, there are those who make too many clots.
I'm trusting in my Neurologist not to just tell me that TIA's are common. I don't believe that she will. However, we can always make the trip to UW Hospital in Madison, which is about three hours away if need be.
Anyway, I am also very emotional at this time (as after the first stroke) so I started crying at the outpouring of thoughts and prayers from all of you. Thank you all again. We will keep you posted.
Betsy
P.S. No Migraine today,Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #36
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
You have our prayers on this end Dave, All things get better.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #37
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
This might not be the same but my mother had suffered from mini stroks for years they had her in for all kinds of tests and scans. She had a real bad one and they had a heck of a time keeping her with us her heart kept stopping, put in a pace maker and she never had another problem the rest of her life.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:10 AM   #38
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Betsy, welcome back. We are so happy that things are improving for you. You are still in our thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:15 AM   #39
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Betsy, keep up the good reports, get the tests done, let us hear from ya. And, glad that nasty headache thing has subsided. Those of us that suffer from them can relate. Hate the ones when my hair hurts. GROANNNNN

Crying is OK too!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:27 AM   #40
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
We wish you all the best for a full recovery.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote