Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Our latest trip

Just got through pulling the Monty about 2400 miles, to Nevada and through Oregon via two different highways.

I'm still totally impressed by the ability of this 07 Duramax.Allison combo.
"BB" (bodaceous buttocks) the truck was flawless! Overall down and back over the syskjious and through so many construction delays I hate to think about it, we averaged 11.1 mpg. Coming back through Oregon via us97 and I84 and some small roads in between was great!!!

Hihgest price paid for fuel was 3.29 at some little stop out in the middle of Nevada.
I can't say enough for the twoing capability of the dually and the stability of the Montan behind it. We had our wineglasses in the cuprboard and not a one broke!!! We don't wrap them or other wise coddle anything in the coach. The Moreryde system works great!!!!
Just some thoughts

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Rick,
Out of curiosity, does Gizmo get restless whenever the turbo starts, I have noticed our dog goes absolutely nuts. I agree with you about the truck and 3400 combo, ours is fantastic also. It is nice knowing that there are others that appreciate it also.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nice looking rig, Rick. Glad the trip was without incident, and fun!
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:59 AM   #4
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Rick, Keep em rolling and flying. Great truck.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:35 AM   #5
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Bingo, Gizzy can hardly wait to get in the truck. I padded the center rest and that is his spot, there and the back seat which is covered with a blanket so he doesn't slide around. He alternates between sitting on the center rest and looking around and sleeping in the back seat. The turbo doesn't even phase him. He DOES hat bif rigs. we come up beside one and he has got to scare it off.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I noticed those nice steps along side your unit. Do you travel with those? The steps we have are back killers. At least my back. They are wrong, but no one knows how to fix them.
Our little guy loves that center rest too. I think it makes him feel like a "big guy".
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Rickety, I agree with you 100%, that 3500 D/A is a great rig. In May we went to the Rally @ Mt Shasta and back. I thought US97 through Oregon was a pretty good road.(except for driving through small towns) There were several passing lanes. I got 10.4 mpg going down and 10.7 coming back up. The MorRyde suspension did a pretty good job. I hit a ruff section of I84 near Biggs Junction that bounced the microwave out of it's footing(Had to take the face bracket off to reset it.) I just love towing our Monty. It is almost like nothing is back there.

As of Aug 31st we are "Homeless"(until the new stick house is done) So we are going to head East and the Fall Rally in Goshen and who knows where else.

Very nice TV Rickety. Good color choice.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
Your trip sounded great. Can hardly wait for trip this fall. We will be leaving Chico, CA going across Nevada on Highway 50 and on to Mesa Verde for 3 days then up to Grand Tetons for 2 days on to Jellystone for 2 days then on to Sandpoint, ID then home thru Pendleton, OR.

All total about 3,300 miles and 16 - 17 days.

This will be our first big trip in the Monty and am really looking forward to it.

We will be me, my sister, and our 93 year old Mom. The new Dodge 3500 Mega Cab and the Monty are Mom's truck and 5er even though we haven't let her drive in over a year. We're just there to take her travelling.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote