Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #41
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Ozz: Thank you for starting this post.

Grumpy: "Poor" Interesting word from growing up in the Projects, and the fears it brands in your mind. Projects, goals and accompishments are the other drivng forces it brands also. Well after 40+ years of those driving forces and vowing "I'll never retire", about 4 years ago i was on a roof checking on my contractor. (Dumb). I did the swan dive thingy and remembering the ER Doctor saying "your the luckest guy i've ever treated" Yea right. So laying on my back in month 3 i figured it out. "If your not working, what good are you" is not true. (Sorry Dad) and second is "When you can see the end, better than you can see the beginning, its time in your life to do something diffrent"
I replaced my goals with new ones. Color in one of those little Maps that show I've been there. See everything i can possably see in each State. Meet the people that we talk to on this forum if possable and just say Hello. Projects, see if i can make all of ozz's improvemnts in a Montana. Accomplishmnet, get it all done before the end.
So, Transistion, you bet. Trucks on order, Factory tour upcoming, Order Montana, Do the PDI and get on with the busy RV Retired life. Gosh, i may have to go back working to take a rest. So there's your Job, your project and goals all in a new retired RV life style.
Transition, you bet and i'm on my way to pulling it off.

Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #42
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Leaseit,
I'm probably not the only one who clicked on your name, to learn more about you. let's meet sometime, I would like to converse. Try to get all those ducks in that row, and meet a bunch of us travellers at Branson next year.
If you are able, come to South Padre this Winter, we will eat some seafood. Many nice Peeps are in the RGV as well.
Take care and stay off of those roofs......
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #43
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Leaseit, Randy, very well said. I think those medical thingys wake up a lot of us. Hope to meet you someday, I like your thinking.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #44
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Leaseit

Ozz: Thank you for starting this post.

Grumpy: "Poor" Interesting word from growing up in the Projects, and the fears it brands in your mind. Projects, goals and accompishments are the other drivng forces it brands also. Well after 40+ years of those driving forces and vowing "I'll never retire", about 4 years ago i was on a roof checking on my contractor. (Dumb). I did the swan dive thingy and remembering the ER Doctor saying "your the luckest guy i've ever treated" Yea right. So laying on my back in month 3 i figured it out. "If your not working, what good are you" is not true. (Sorry Dad) and second is "When you can see the end, better than you can see the beginning, its time in your life to do something diffrent"
I replaced my goals with new ones. Color in one of those little Maps that show I've been there. See everything i can possably see in each State. Meet the people that we talk to on this forum if possable and just say Hello. Projects, see if i can make all of ozz's improvemnts in a Montana. Accomplishmnet, get it all done before the end.
So, Transistion, you bet. Trucks on order, Factory tour upcoming, Order Montana, Do the PDI and get on with the busy RV Retired life. Gosh, i may have to go back working to take a rest. So there's your Job, your project and goals all in a new retired RV life style.
Transition, you bet and i'm on my way to pulling it off.
AMEN! My friend, you got it exactly.
Randy, you just made my list of intelligent people I would like to meet.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:52 AM   #45
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I too had a medical thingy last year (the Dr. told me after walking around a week with a ruptured gangrenous appendix that I was lucky they didn't have to do a colostomy). When I got to feeling better we decided the end of 2008 would be our retirement. Then my wife decided she'd go the end of 2007 (so she could have some retirement time without me). Then we took a 3 week vacation this month, so now I'm back at work considering also going the end of this year. I'm just afraid. It's VERY scary wondering if you really have planned well enough to do what you want to do (with gas prices, taxes, insurance, etc. escalating). This thread has helped push me a little more, though. It's REALLY bad having to sit here at work reading about all your great lives!!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #46
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Ozz...... DEAL. Trying for Branson and might even make the RGV this year who knows. Seafood ?? Your On. Either that or i might try some KC BBQ on my way though. Hurding those ducks now and sold all the ladders. Well sure converse.

Parrrothead/Sue:, you bet some where down the road i'm sure gonna meet just to day hi.

Simonsrf/Robbie: Seattles a wonderful town, looking forward to dinner overlooking the locks and fish at Salties. Besides were already trying to plan on the Winter Olympics in Vancover 2010. Gotta cross your path and say howdy.
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:13 PM   #47
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Leaseit, Robbie looked Sue and I up at lake Havasu City, super people there, he even dropped off a six pack of Corona!!
I am eagerly awaiting meeting Susie Q as well.
My favorite is Gates BBQ, but it's hard to find a bad one here.
See you on the road....
Ozz
Old 06-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #48
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Leasit,
I lucked out for the 2010 Winter Olympics. I own that week time-share at Whistler...you won't see me there. Going to rent that sucker out for the whole week for big bucks!! Interested? 140 steps from the Blackcomb Gondola. (?)

Salties is great, we're on our way back North and hope to eat on the Alki, should be there in about a week.

Retirement is great, takes time to get used to not 'having' to do something every day, but I'm gettn' used to it more every day...

Hope to cross your path before to long.

Robbie
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:02 PM   #49
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
I worked for the school district for 38 years. For 32 of those years I also taught Driver Education. That made for 50 hours a week for the school months and teaching another Dr.Ed. class each summer. After talking to the retirement office and seeing how much insurance my sick days would buy and the amount I would draw each month I signed the papers and finished off the year. My wife did the same thing. She was a bus driver/trainer for the district. For the summer months it didn't seem like anything changed because I did the usual Dr.Ed. class but when we took a long trip when school started I never missed it. I should have done it earlier but I wanted the insurance money. No regrets at all.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:04 AM   #50
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
I guess a lot of us retirees have gone through the post retirement blues. I retired in Feb of 2001 and everyone knows what happened in Sept. With all that went on financially in the following months I started worrying about everything. My smart wife came out one day with a yardstick. I thought she was going to whip me. She showed it to me and told me it represented our lives and put her thumb on the 2ft mark. Then told me this is where we are in our lives , and we didn't have much left. We need to enjoy what we have left to the fullest and do what we want to do or have wanted to do now. Woke me right up. We wanted to visit all states in our RV and now only have seven left. Hope to get those on this trip. Then would like the time to do the good ones again. We love this lifestyle and meeting all the nice people.

Ozz, disappointed we couldn't connect in Havasu this past Nov.

Dee
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #51
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dee, the missus appears to be a keeper...
We shall cross paths again.
Ozz