Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #21
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Not that we are experts, having only been fulltiming since April, but we have found that leaving on Monday morning around 10:15 (no matter what time we start getting ready to go, it always seems to be 10:15 when we are leaving the campground), and arriving at our destination somewhere around 2-3pm works well for us.

We have been staying a week in each place mainly because: 1) we are not on a schedule; 2) gives my DW an opportunity to get her chotzkys out (making it very homey); 3) helps on fuel costs; 4) helps on CG fees; and 5) allows us to base camp and fully explore our surrounding area.

BTW, we normally start packing up the day before. I put the BBQ away and usually cook on the stove (I do all the cooking as my DW did it for the first 25 years). I dump all the tanks and thoroughly rinse the black tank, then disconnect and stow the sewer hoses. I have found that the minimal amount of shower water in the grey tank, the same in the galley and the black seem to help agitate and keep our tanks relatively clean.

Kathy has everything inside put away and secured except what we need for the next morning, so after we take our showers, all I have to do is disconnect the water and power and hook up to the truck. We make a couple of sandwiches and get ice for the cooler in the truck and take lots of bottled water.

So far, we have not had any troubles with traffic on Monday mornings so won't change our schedule until we find otherwise.

Hope this helps.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote