Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #21
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

Glenn and Lorraine,
Stay safe. I cringe every time I hear about another storm in that area. All you folks down in that part of the world please stay as safe as you possibly can. Remember those Montanas do have wheels!

HamRad
Thanks Dennis, We have been setting here for nearly a week and haven't even put the awning down. If Wilma takes a more northernly turn all I need do is back onto the king pin, raise the rear stabilizers and front jacks and we are outta here. I'll come back later for the hoses. I can be hooked up and on the road in under 15 minutes.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #22
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Glenn
I like your thinking. Those hoses can be replaced - you can't.
Happy trails...................and stay safe.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:01 AM   #23
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Looks like the old gal is on the way out. Monty hardly got wet. hope that is the last one. The cold front should cool the waters off.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:23 AM   #24
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Feels like a huge weight lifted from your back when a storm passes you by and there is no damage. Know exactly the relief you are feeling.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:15 AM   #25
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Is on the way out????? I don't think she ever got here. At least not at Salt Springs.
We had a nice steady rain all night and most of the morning but no down pours. Right now it is just sprinkling with little if any wind. Even though the weatherman on the TV just said we had wind gusts up to 50MPH we hadn't seen any of that. The biggest gust that I saw may have reached 20MPH. This campground is heavily wooded but there were only a few dead limbs down and none near the Monty or the GMC. At 8:30 this AM Lorraine and I went to breakfast and the restaurant was rather full of locals that got the day off because of the forecast. Most all were happy the storm missed us and now they have a day off to boot.

IMHO, at least something good came of all this. The temp right now is 56 degrees and should be in the 40's tonight. I was getting oh so tired of temps in the hi 80's and 90% humidity.

BTW-Next year we get to Florida sometime in November and after hurricane season. Don't ever want to have to deal with another hurricane.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:29 PM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
My daughter said the only good thing was the drop in temperature they were expecting. Especially with no electricity.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote