Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2005, 08:56 AM   #21
montanared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3903
I am a member, and like others have commented, the savings has more than made up for the membership fees. There is not a store very close, but I shop online and have been VERY happy with them. Quality merchandise, friendly help if you call them, and fash shipping. Wish I could say the same for Good Sam. The "good deal" they tout with fuel savings at Loves is not worth the effort. I haven't stayed at a Good Sam campground in years.... just no GS campgrounds where i want to stay. Their magazine is fair to good, but I am really getting weary with the bombardment of mail I am getting from them for insurance.

montanared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #22
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We are president's club members. Isn't it a nice feeling to get that extra discount at the checkout? Esp. for me as Ken pays the club fee and I just get to use the discount. Now we should figure a way to get them to give senior citizen discounts. I am new at being offered senior discounts but I love it!! Ginny
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:27 AM   #23
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
We became a member when we got our Mountaineer on the advice of Rick's parents who are long term members... Great advice as we have saved a bunch... Sharon and rick
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:52 AM   #24
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
We've been members for over ten years even though there isn't a store nearby. We generally order from the catalog.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #25
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
When we bought our first rig in '98 we hemmed and hawed about getting the P.C. card. Finally said what the heck, we'll get it for a year, because after that we'll have everything we need! Talk about naive!!! Here we are, 7 years, 3 rigs later, and .. . . . . well you all know how it is. Still P.C. members.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #26
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
After we got ready to make our 3rd online order we joined saving on that order then since at the stores. We hear we are getting one in Albuq although don't know when.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #27
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
We too have had a membership for ten plus years and it pays for itself over and over. Sounds like we should all get together and negotiate another 5% for this group!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm with Mac on that!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #29
montanared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3903
I'm in Kissimmee for a business conference and stopped at the local Camping World (no stores close to where I live, so I tend to shop online). Once inside the store, I picked up a few things I just "had to have." The savings from this one shopping trip alone paid for an annual membership.
montanared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #30
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Hey Mac great idea. We more than spend our membership cost with them each year. In fact I think we have spent around $1400 or $1500 this year.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #31
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Guess I'm going to buck the trend here. I have been a member in the past, but don't live near enough to a store to make it pay. Quite frankly there are a lot of times where I'm able to find what I need on the internet for considerably cheaper than Camping World, even considering their President's Club discount. This seems to be more of a trend recently, so I'd suggest that it's wise to comparison shop (if dealing over the net) especially on larger purchases.

That said, if they have something I need, I'd not hesitate to join if it was fiscally worthwhile.

That's just my nickel's worth

wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:31 AM   #32
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Gail and I are members also. Everytime we go in there, it's nothing to hand over a couple hundred bucks! So, I'd go along with negotiating another 5% discount for MOC members. Afterall, the dealer afiliated to CW sells Montanas and Mountaineers!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #33
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are members and have been for a long time.We are about 30 mins from a C.W and pay a visit 2 or 3 times a year..However..You can get a lot of 'Camper things" at Wall mart for a lot less $. C.W has those hard to find items and a large selection but they are in general high on most everything. Example.For Reese 16K hitch, rails, pivot lock and installation C.W price would have been nearly 100.00 more than the local RV accessory shop here in town.C.W will have sales now and then that are price savers and that is when we usually go. Even so we keep the membership and it pays for itself.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:48 PM   #34
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
The Camping World in Rogers, MN. has the best installers we have ever seen. My favorite is Jeremy and they WILL fit you in. Some of the others aren't quite so accommodating. Usually say about three weeks. As a full timer we do not stay three weeks in too many places but just took a tally of our purchases at CW and this year it has been over $3000.00. The discount does help as does the rebate coupons we get using our Good Sam Visa. By charging our diesel and camping this year we have received a BUNCH. MOC discount would be great but after meeting a Lot of the biggies from Tenn. at the Good Sam National Rally this year I can't believe they would ever give additional discounts. They sure seemed to look down on us peons. IMHO
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote