Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Montana_3529

M.O.C. #3529
New , with hope...

Hi, I have to admit I not an owner YET. We've been looking and I've fallen in Love with the Montana's. My huaband feels that we need to compare it with some others, so I need some help/recommendations or pros (and cons, if any). Thanks.

Montana_3529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:15 PM   #2
Montana_3529

M.O.C. #3529
Hmmm... I think I got a little to excited, and instead of introducing myself, I got right to what was on my mind.Sorry about that! Well, my husband and I have been Rving, vacation type, mostly in the norteast, for the past 10-12 years. First with a truck type camper and now with a 91 5th wheel. For us, the 5th wheel is where its at. We have a Ford 350 desiel, love it and as you already know we are shopping for a new 5th wheel (Montana!) We work full time but put our hours in at 3 to 4 long days a week, so we get some good long summer weekends.Happy spring everyone!
Old 04-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Lauren, First of all welcome to the MOC forum. Thanks for the introduction. Great Tow Vehicle!! (see our signature) We researched several RV's before deciding on our Montana. Tom reitired last fall and we have been in our unit full time since Christmas (snowbirding in FL). Our unit will be 2 years old next month and we have been extremely happy with it. Very few minor problems which have all been fixed under warranty. Keystone which makes the Montana is a great company to deal with, in particular their Montana Division. They are very good with customer service, even after warranty expiration and totally stand behind their units. I am sure many others will be along to add to your inquiry. I guess the best thing I can say is when we are ready for a newer unit it will be another Montana. There are others here who are on their 2nd Montana. Good luck in your search. Keep us posted on your decision.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #4
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Hello and welcome, We just recently purchased our Montana 2955RL and so far we really like it and are happy with it.We had a few minor problems that were fixed by the dealer. We have already camped one weekend and had a wonderful time! This is our 3rd fifthwheel, we had a Terry by Fleetwood and a Cardinal by Forest River. The Montana I have to say is the proving to be the most comfortable with its floorplan. Good Luck on which ever RV you choose!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #5
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Hello Lauren-
Like Bob and Kathy we also recently took possession of a new Monty. It was ordered back in Jan and felt like it took forever to get here. We have only been out for one short trip..... dearly love the space. Our previous 5th wheel was a Cardinal and we looked them again before buying this time, but felt like there was considerably more bang for the buck with the Montana. Best of luck with your decision and welcome to the forum, as you can see the people here are great. Don't be shy about asking questions, no matter how simple. Someone will come by and give you an answer.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Welcome to the MOC. We love our Montana 3670RL. I am sure that you know you are asking the question on a Montana Owners site and most of us really love our Montana. We do have our share of issues as any other brand will have. We do share our thoughts honestly here as you will be able to see in a very short time visiting our site. I hope that you do a complete research on the different brands of 5th wheels and decide to purchase the brand that you fits your needs the most. Montana is the number 1 selling brand several years running and there is a very good reason for that. They take care of thier customers. Good luck on your choice and we hope to see you down the road sometime.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
This forum is the best of the lot. Good people who enjoy their Montanas and each other. You didn't mention what you folks do careerwise (you don't have to either), but your comments gets me to thinkin' that maybe your hubby is an engineer.

Engineers are trained NOT to make mistakes which is a fantastic idea if you're building skyscrapers and bridges. But some times on the domestic scene, it can create analysis paralysis which drives the spouses of engineers crazy. You just have to let the "man from Mars" go into his "cave" for awhile until he figures out its gonna be ok. Then you will get your Montana.

By-the-way, welcome to the MOC. Have a great adventure....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:27 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the forum and good luck in your search for the right 5th wheel for you. We were continually drawn back to the Montanas in our search - they seemed like the best value for the money and were over and above most of the others for quality. Nothing is perfect, and you have to find the right unit to fit your needs and pocketbook. Good luck in your search and keep us posted.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard! We have others here who are prospective owners and have had others in the past. Most ended up buying the Montana, a few bought something else. And that's fine. It's a good idea to check things out before spending that much money. We are on our fourth fifthwheel, the last two Montanas. If there's another, it likely will be a Montana also. One thing to keep in mind, Montana is the number one selling trailer in North America for four years in a row. They're not perfect but there must be a reason for that record. Bang for the buck is the phrase you'll hear most often here. There are other perfectly good brands, also. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There are no dumb questions here. By the way, I, too, like your choice of tow vehicle!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #10
Montana_3529

M.O.C. #3529
We went looking last weekend and saw a 3203RL for $36,000. We didn't talk to a sales person, we just wanted to look at all the available models, all new except for this one. I liked the floor plan and colors, better than the new ones, and I won't mind buying used, in good condition and this appeared to have had litttle use. The price seemed high for the modle year. Does it seem high or about right? Anyone out there have an idea?
Old 04-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #11
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Welcome to MOC! Marsha and I bought a used 2003 3295RK, and except for my entrenched TT mindset when it comes to backing and a lady bug infestation that came with the Monty, we love it. I am not familiar with the model you mention, but would suggest that you go to www.nadaguides.com and key in the model and the year. The site gives you a low and middle range figure, which helped us to realize that the couple from whom we bought the unit were selling it at lower than the lowest price.

Take your time and make sure that you find a model—even if it is not a Montana—that you will enjoy and that meets your needs. You cannot go wrong then!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:32 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Oceandreamer, are you sure about the model number or could it have been a typo? And what model year is it? We'll try to help you out but need that info first. As Wordsmith said, www.nadaguides.com has an rv section that can be helpful. You need to be aware, though, of what items are standard on the Montana and which are options. When you check these off on nadaguides.com, it's easy to inflate the price by selecting options that were actually part of the base price.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #13
Montana_3371
Established Member

M.O.C. #3371
Oceandreamer, my wife and I just returned from a three thousand mile trip with our new 2950RL. We are completely new at this. Had three pull thrus and three back in sites. Discovered a few problems with the unit but nothing major. It pulled like a dream for what I know. We didn't look at any comparable models only cheaper ones. We feel we made the right decision. I have named it "Dewey's Fun House". Good Luck and welcome to the forum.
Dewey
Montana_3371 is offline   Reply With Quote