Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 AM   #1
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
American Guardian extended Warranty

Hi All,
Just got off the phone with American Guardian Warranty, after using a mobile tech to come out and work on our 5th wheel many times in the past, I was told today they are NOT covering ANY costs when using a mobile tech, unless he is from a REPAIR facility. It is a new regulation as they have had too many bad experiences with mobile techs. I explained to this person that we are fulltimers and my husband still works and we cannot bring the rig into a repair facility. I have a call into our mobile tech to see what he says and any suggestion.
Anyone else have this problem? I am NOT a very happy camper right now!

Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:24 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have another company Extended warranty and have not had that problem but we do have to pay the service call. I do understand the mobile tech being from a repair facility. Don't thnk I would have trust in a guy that stuck a "we repair Rv's" sign on his truck??? We have to call the warranty company for approval and they send the approved mobile tech out...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

We have another company Extended warranty and have not had that problem but we do have to pay the service call. I do understand the mobile tech being from a repair facility. Don't thnk I would have trust in a guy that stuck a "we repair Rv's" sign on his truck??? We have to call the warranty company for approval and they send the approved mobile tech out...
Hi Rich,
That's exactly what ours used to do.We had to call for approval and had to pay for the service call. We are "more or less" based in Reno, and we have a great tech, who used to work for a dealership here.He is licensed and bonded. He is very busy all the time, but has never let us down when we needed him.
So if anyone is in the Reno area,and has the coverage for a mobile tech on their warranty, PM me and I will give you his info.
Chris
Old 09-30-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will have to check with our extended warranty and see if their policy has changed...Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rich, would you please report your finding on that? We're still looking for a policy. Haven't had a chance to do any more research what with the rally last week and sightseeing and trying to catch up on email and the like this week. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:57 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have Rv shield and they said there is no change.. They did say a mobile tech has to be acertified and approved repair facility. There is a facility in our area of Florida "RV Connection" that is a"repair facility" looks sort of like a camping world and they have many mobile units.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #7
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

We have Rv shield and they said there is no change.. They did say a mobile tech has to be acertified and approved repair facility. There is a facility in our area of Florida "RV Connection" that is a"repair facility" looks sort of like a camping world and they have many mobile units.
Thanks Rich,
I guess it is time to see about canceling and purchasing from another.
Thanks again, Chris