Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2006, 07:20 PM   #21
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
Here is a link to the tires I have on my truck. I got these in October and already have 20,000 miles on them, might be worth looking into. I would suggest going back to the proper tire size, if bigger were required, GM would have put them on to begin with.
http://toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/lig..._suv/opat.html

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:32 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Oh..I forgot to mention..I drive a 17 passenger, year 2003 Chevy Durimax diesel school bus on a fairly regular basis. I drive it when my passenger load drops to that level or I have a small charter because they are very quiet and I can listen to the radio and carry on a normal conversation. I love the international diesel it has power to spare..but...a bit noisy.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:53 AM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Dave. I have really heard a lot of good things on the Toyo tires. I would definitely go with them on the next purchase.

Is the 265/75-16 an optional tire on this GMC 2500HD? Seems that a few MOCers are upgrading to the 265 non their tv. Just curious.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:24 AM   #24
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
They are not an option on my truck. I double checked the book and the door sticker, both say 245 is the tire size for my truck. I am one of those guys that figures if it is not broke, why mess with it? and if GM is happy with 245 for a tire size (and they know what we are going to be doing with these trucks) than I am happy as well. I have a family member who works for GM in their dealer auction side of the business. GM is very specific about vehicles that have upgraded tires/wheels, they will inspect the odometer as well to find out if the "larger tires" have caused an odometer to misrepresent the "true" mileage. On a side note, when at these auctions they also have to declare that a vehicle has frame damage if a fifth wheel or goose neck hitch has been installed. Since the frame is not "intact", (you/dealer drilled into the frame to install the hitch) it must be announced to any prospective dealer buyers. Warranty and a long vehicle life is important to me, I do not want to do anything that "might" hinder the most mileage and years of service out of my truck.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote